Just saw a new type of tile, and I want some!

silvamaeFebruary 8, 2011

Mosaic Mercantile has a new line of pre-cut, irregularly shaped glass mosaic tile called Crafter's Cut, solid color families that come with three shades of a single color and gems which come in two color types, Sparkle, which have a bubbly glitter to them and Shimmer, which have glittery sheen. I already have thousands of pounds of tile and glass (exaggerating only a little), but I want some of these!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Mercantile's website

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Beautiful, but too expensive for my stinginess. I never order pre-cut tiles any more. Trying to use what I have on hand. Like you, I have many lbs of tiles, dishes and found objects. Oh, sure, the hunt for new stuff is always soooooo tempting, but....... Oh to have unlimited budgets. Whatcha gonna put them on?

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 9:28AM
silvamae

I'm not gonna order any; I just WANT some. I am trying to be good and use what I already have on hand ... I am setting limits and sticking to them. I still visit thrift shops occasionally and I limit my purchases -- for example, plates or saucers that are 99 cents; no more buying the entire set of dishes for $25.00 and that kind of wild spending. Now, if I win the Lotto tonight, that's a whole new kettle of fish.

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 10:21AM
Calamity_J

I am just like you Silvamae, Gotta use up what I have!!

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 11:09AM
nanatricia

I too am just like you all have tuns of plates and every thing else .I keep going through things and I need to get rid of some of it buttttttt I am no longer working so I do not have extra mon. so i just let it sit there . I pitty my kids when I leave this world!!!!!!LOL

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 8:16PM
texaswild

LOL - That is soooooo funny, NANA, cuz I think the same thing. How in the WORLD w/my kids sell this house w/all the c r a _ on the back garden wall, in the corner, behind the fountain and w/a huge fountain out front that w/take a bull dozer to knock down etc. Then I think maybe some artistic soul might want it. THEN I think - don't worry - it's payback for some of the little piccadillies they've caused me in life! Let's enjoy our stashes and foibles.

Bookmark   February 17, 2011 at 9:58AM
nanatricia

So right girl!!!!

Bookmark   February 17, 2011 at 8:03PM
silvamae

Haha, I just consider that it's gonna be payback for all the sleepless nights they caused me!

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Outdoor Thermometer
Did this to go on our porch next to the kitchen door....
brokenbitmosaics
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™