Mother's day ideas?

luvstocraftApril 24, 2008

Mother's Day is next month, and I was wondering what I might paint as a Mother's Day gift for my DIL. Anybody have any cute ideas? I thought about a flowerpot or maybe a garden sign for her flowerbed. I find that I'm more apt to get busy and paint if I have a purpose and a "deadline" in mind. LOL

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

I don't know her tastes, Luvs, but I'm sure anything for the garden can't go wrong. How about a trio of different sized pots painted and filled with different colored geraniums...or maybe you can find a chair to paint and pot?? A pot painted and made into a windchime or any sign would be nice. Let us know what you decide. :) ~Anj

Bookmark   April 25, 2008 at 12:36PM
diarich

My DIL just decided to make a flowerbed.
I was thinking of painting some pots myself.
And adding some flowers for her garden.

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 10:14AM
oceanna

How about a real cute sprinkling pail?

Or, visit your local thrift shop and look around for a cute lil' piece of furniture, or a tray, or a mirror that you could decorate? Remember the thread I posted in the gallery about furniture and the one on mirrors? You can look in those for ideas.

Whatever you do I know it will be awesome and I hope you'll share it with us here.

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 2:55AM
gusta_of_4

Hi, I have painted old vintage wooden ironing boards like this one for my mother(this one is for someone else, and my mothers had a more loving writing on it).She could either display it in her home or the porch, like I do my Father Christmas one. I'm sure she will love what ever you do. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 3:08PM
luvstocraft

Welcome, Gusta of 4, what a cute design for your ironing board. I'd love to see your Santa one too--when you pull it out next time--unless you already have pics of it available.

Anj and Diana, I've seen such cute designs for flowerpots, but alas, she isn't really into plants that much. I like Oceanna's watering can idea too--for me! LOL The best thing I ever came up with was one of those little garden flags and the holder--she loved it and has even bought more flags so she can use it all year. Painted furniture is not her style either. She has liked things like a painted scarecrow and a snowman plaque. She likes pitchers I know, so maybe I'll buy her a pitcher and put a bouquet of flowers in it. Not very creative, but I think it will work.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Luvs

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 11:54PM
val_99707_comcast_net

hi guys! OK so mothers day is tomorrow and i bought a canvas for me to paint my mother something but i don't know what to paint.... so can u guys give me some ideas? thanks
Cece
P.S im only twelve so keep in mind i dont have a lot of money for paints and stuff and that i cant paint something so difficult thanks lots!

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 11:54AM
More Discussions
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Summer Days Sculpture
Grandin Road
Go Geo Multicolored Stripe Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
Historic Polished Nickel Four-Light Bath Bracket with Bell Shades
$556.00 | Bellacor
Artemide | Tolomeo Micro Floor Lamp
$580.00 | YLighting
Dimond 10109/1 Swing Arm Floor Lamp - 10109/1
$298.00 | Hayneedle