Funny observation

luvstocraftApril 24, 2008

I have been going through all my painting books and sorting them by season. Anyway, I made a funny observation--often the designs resemble the artist! I actually started laughing when I realized this. Andrea Lyness, Sandi Streker, Pat Olson, Myra Mahey and several others! Most of these had characters like angels, garden girls, etc. and they resembled the picture of the designer. Wonder if any of them realized their designs resembled themselves? LOL

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintingfool

Luvs, you are so right. My hubby tells me quite often that my Santas look like me. What face do we see more than anyone else? Our own. There is a painter who has books out called Pumpkin Ridge - all of her faces look just like her, too. I think I will go through a few of mine and see how many I can find that have the look.
Funny,
B

Bookmark   April 24, 2008 at 9:05PM
anjabee

I never noticed, but I'm sure I will from now on. ha I hope that's not the case for poor John Sliney cause he has some gosh aweful creatures in his books....(I love them and just bought one of his books).ha I'll have to look up his picture and see if it's true in his case. ha Thanks for putting us on the trail and remind me never to design anything of my own. ha ~Anj

Bookmark   April 25, 2008 at 12:31PM
kraftymom

I never noticed that either and I am always looking through all of my books for inspiration. I'll have to pay more attention. John Sliney...LOL, that would be funny. I have several of his books and just love his Halloween designs.

Bookmark   April 25, 2008 at 2:42PM
diarich

My son is an artist and I believe he does the same.
Diana

Bookmark   April 29, 2008 at 10:11AM
More Discussions
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™