I gave up painting - but I'm back !

toomuchglassApril 6, 2006

I'm so glad to have found this forum !! I did tole painting for many years and did craft shows and did fantastic - till the imports started coming in. I gave up . I bought my own wood - cut it - sealed it - painted it - added all the do-dads ... spent HOURS making something .... and I couldn't even compete with the price of the China stuff.I gave it up. I went on to do stained glass - did everything I Wanted to do - but tole on wood is my first passion. Now - I'm combining them - making windchimes with tole painted wooden tops and glass "clinkers" . LOL . I was just wondering what surface everybody likes to paint on. I'm looking forward to seeing pics in the gallery !!! I'll be posting mine soon. I'm happy to be back painting !!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris21

Hi -- are you still around? I'd love to see your photos.

I like to paint on walls. :)

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 5:02AM
luvstocraft

Wow! I just found this board yesterday--had been lurking on GJ forum and finally decided to join in. Thought I would see what other forums were on here and was excited to find this one--but doesn't look like much activity! Toomuchglass, I "recognize" you from the GJ forum, good to see you here too! Iris21, I think this forum would be more active if there were more pics posted, don't you? I have to learn to post pics, then will be brave and show some of my projects. I consider myself a "crafter", so don't expect too much! LOL

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 11:37AM
nonacook

Maybe if we went to all the 'my page' and emailed each person that has posted we could get some of them
back, LOL Since it has been soooo slow, I don't come here often
myself.

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 6:58AM
luvstocraft

One day when I have some time to kill, I just might try that! LOL They probably don't know it is free again. They sure had some good advise for each other, and now there is even a gallery for them to post their pictures.

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 1:29PM
luvstocraft

Toomuchglass, it sounds like you have lots and lots of experience and are multi-talented. Hope you keep coming here, you would be a big help to the rest of us. I would love to see your windchimes, they sound really nice. My biggest problem sometimes is deciding what design I want to paint on an object! I have several painting books, almost too many choices! LOL

Bookmark   August 22, 2006 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™