Garden Planter - WIP

texaswildFebruary 15, 2011

Diamond Metal Lath and Concrete planter. Made a little progress b/f leaving for PV. Hope to resume mosaicing tomorrow. Still catching up on stuff after the trip.

Garden Planter

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wackyweeder

Love the design youve got going!

Bookmark   February 15, 2011 at 4:30PM
jenel

It's wonderful, Slow. I especially love the row of flowers.

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 9:18AM
texaswild

Thanks, you two. Hope to get back to it today after I go restock the larder - a trip out I always dread.

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 9:22AM
Calamity_J

LOL at first I thought you meant goodies to mosaic with, then I clued in...food!heh heh! I think food shopping is such a drag too!ha! But your creation is looking really good! Love your style always!The colors are poppin' already!

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 11:15AM
texaswild

Parts of two days progress - cutting tiles as I go I'm getting sooooooo slow. Mikasa Plates w/glass tiles and mirror fill.
Planter Progress

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 3:50PM
Calamity_J

I have some mikasa plate stuff outside that froze and popped off this cold winter...grrr, all that work and now it looks crappy...why do I not bring this stuff in in the winter...so mad at myself! Love those flower parts in the middle Slow!Just love the way the red makes the flower border "POP"!

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 11:52PM
texaswild

CALAM: Thanks. I've found that whatever color I put around those "flowers" look fine. I bought a case of the black/white, octagonal bathroom tiles from Lowes a couple/three yrs. ago. They really have done their job - I cut the white ones in half for wonderful borders. On the Fountain Surround Extension, I used yellow around them, and they look so happy.

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 10:33AM
Calamity_J

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those babies! Even tho I have a couple of 5gal buckets of stuff that I keep forgetting about....scored them for free at the recycle depot in the concrete reycle bin. People just throw away such good stuff, I can't believe it!!! I've scored tons of concrete bricks/red bricks/slate/cement board...sheesh...gotta like free shopping!ha!

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 3:16PM
texaswild

I lost interest in this monstrosity waaaaaaaay back, and did a slouch job. Need to choose smaller projects in the future for my short attention span.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 5:42PM
nanatricia

It turned out nice .Looks like a lot of work.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 7:48PM
Calamity_J

OH it is gorgeous!!! Can hardly wait to see it in person!!! Gonna bring my camera and take a TON of pics!!! Who needs to go to Mexico...sheesh!ha! I hung out with Cindy/Klinger today and we went to the stained glass store....where I bought a pc of fancy 2ft glass for over $60!!! Just to inspire myself to finish the seahorse! Man, it's gonna be one very expensive seahorse as it has all uroburos glass on it, probably $180 worth! Whatcha gonna plant in this beauty?!!

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 12:03AM
texaswild

Oh, I LOVE Uroburos glass - too stingy to buy it, though. Anxious to see your seahors finished. What to plant in this monster of a planter? Don't know and don't even know where to put it. Might take it to my bro. next trip. I made it w/selling in mind, but since I don't like it, and didn't do my best, I can't put it up for sale. Have no idea where to put or what to plant in it. Thanks, anyway. Anxious for you to set a date.

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 9:26AM
flagtruck

i Misseed all of you and and glad your back. Cant' wait to see what Slow brought me...Locw you gALS AND HAPPY FOR A SACE RETURN.

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 3:43PM
glassgypsy

That is sooo pretty. Ya'll put me to shame with all this neat stuff!

Bookmark   March 13, 2011 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™