My painting room disaster
Well, I had this post all typed and ready to go when something happened and it closed down. So here I go again.
I promised to show you my painting room - which is a total disaster!! I am purging as I go so there is a lot of stuff on the floor and beside my desk. And I am still trying to paint a few things in this mess.
Here is the plan - which will take a long while for me to complete.
1. The first picture is the three armoirs that were given to me and they work great for storing painting supplies. I would like to paint them in a creamy white. The cabinets are about 3'wide x 2' deep x 6.5' high.
2. The storage shelf is 8' long x 7 feet high x 2' deep. It was also given to me and I had to put it together before I could paint it. It has a lot of adjustable shelves, I still have four that I am not using at the moment. The 12 qt. containers hold all kinds of things, round wood balls, angel wings, little shoes, lots of different things to be used on my Santas and Angels. I also have a lot of my patterns and painting packets in the books. I want to remove everything and get rid of what I know I will not use and then paint the shelving unit in the same creamy white.
3. I have a large wardrobe filled with material. I have promised to give the girl next door most of it. I will probably move the wardrobe to my laundry room to hold some of my dishes - and I have many of those.
4. I have a very pretty desk and chair I would like to use in my room but I am still debating this one. The chair is fabric and I am afraid I will get paint on it.
4. You can't see the file cabinet which is filled with books. I plan to paint it also in the same creamy white.
5. I want to put up a new window valance, the fabric will be a toile pink and beige color.
6. I would like to mount my TV but that may be a problem.
7. I currently have some of my ornaments hanging on the wall but I want to put in a bulletin board. Since I can't find one the right size I will have to make one.
Now, if any of you have suggestions, please let me know. It is really tough getting rid of some of these things because I always think I am going to do something with them and I never get around to it.
What I did not show you is the closet which is filled with rubbermaid containers holding furs, Christmas picks, belts, stuffed doll bodies, etc. And the hallway is lined with things I have already moved out.