Donna D paints a cabbage rose

mydreamApril 17, 2007

Others there too.

cabbage rose by Donna Dewbury.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

Very cool, mydream. Thanks for sharing. I'm getting ready to prep a piece of slate to "Do the Dewbury" on for my flowerbed. Figure I can sand it off if it doesn't turn out like I want it.~A

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 12:36PM
luvstocraft

Hi Mydream, thanks for posting that link. I love to watch her paint. She does it so quickly and makes it look so easy.

Did you read the comments on that page? I just can't believe how rude and crude some people can be! Whatever happened to the "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all" philosophy? My goodness!

Anj, don't worry, even if your first project is not exactly perfect, everyone who sees it will love the pretty colors and think it is amazing--trust me--I have several that I KNOW are not perfect--but fortunately, most other people don't know how it was supposed to be. LOL

I think painting with the double loaded brush is so much quicker and easier than regular painting. And you can do more freehand with the pattern just as a guide rather than having to stay perfectly inside the lines. Let's you get a little more "creative". ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 11:43AM
luvstocraft

Bumping for Dreamgoddess to see.

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 1:25PM
More Discussions
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™