Have you ever done this?

luvstocraftApril 23, 2010

Guess I can blame it on a "senior moment" or being "over eager", but I cut out my wood piece, traced the pattern on, started to paint and then realized I had forgotten to base the cutout piece first! Aaargh!

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Luvs, What a shame this happened... I hope it didn't stop you from painting. Can hardly wait to see what you paint...

Punk

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 12:04AM
pezabelle

Luvs....know what you mean, I forget to sand after I seal and then have some nasty basecoats.

So.....what did you forget to seal?

Belle

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 10:56AM
luvstocraft

Belle, it was on the cat piece that I forgot to basecoat the whole thing and then trace the pattern on. I cut it out, sanded it, and went right ahead and traced the pattern on! Hated the idea of having to trace it on again, so I just carefully filled in the background and went ahead and painted the design! Turned out fine in the long run, but took a little more time. Luvs

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 11:38AM
paintingfool

Well, yes, that has happened to me. But I am lazy, I would have painted my background in take it over the design a bit without losing my pattern. I hate putting patterns on!! But it still turned out nice and no one would have known if you hadn't told us.

Belle, keep cut up brown paper bag on your painting table. You can sand over the basecoat with it. I use it all the time over my painted pieces, it knocks down the wood fur without removing the paint. I also add sealer to my basecoat so I don't have to do two steps - I told yall I am lazy!

B

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™