Mosaic materials and tools for sale

silvamaeFebruary 13, 2012

This was posted on Mosaic Artists Organization. I would love to buy some smalti myself, but I am forcing myself to be good and use up some of the ten thousand pounds of stuff I have already accumulated. If any of you are interested, I copied and pasted her message.

"Hey everyone! It's been years since I've been to this site or have talked to anyone, or even made any mosaics for that matter! That is essentially why I am writing this. I have been having serious health problems for the past 3 years and haven't been even able to do my favorite thing, and that is to create mosaic pieces. So my storage unit is inundated with boxes of almost any mosaic tesserae or tools etc., that you can think of, and I am here to sell these items to anyone interested.

For example, most of my mosaics were smalti based, so I have a LOT of Kerr canning jars with so many different colors of smalti, both Orsoni and MDM. I also have vitreous, iridescent and a lot of marble tesserae as well. I have nippers for every type of tesserae and grouting tools and colorants, etc. I also have both a "table high" and "desk top"log's w/Hardie's and a carbide tipped hammer for both smalti and marble.

If it's used for mosaics, I am sure I have it. As far as the smalti goes, there is so many different colors in different amounts, that we just put the jars, with all sorts of amounts, in boxes, to sell as is. We did the same with all the marble. So it would be difficult,say, if someone just wanted 3/4" x 3/4" x 5/8" marble in black. It would have to be sold as all smalti, all marble, etc.

BTW-I also perused the Gallery and am so impressed with all the new mosaics! This has always been such a wonderful organization, that has given me so much help with mosaics. Thank you all very much for your consideration,

Mary Ann Reynolds

If you are interested or have any questions about what I have available for sale, please feel free to call Mary Ann @ (805) 710-2544 or e-mail me at m80reynolds@gmail.com. Available 24/7!"

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ernie85017, zn 9, phx

Sure wish I lived nearby!

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 7:00PM
toomuchglass

I often wonder what I'm going to do with all my stuff when & if we downsize and move into an apartment. Either I'll be featured on Hoarders .... or I'll be having one heck of a rummage sale !

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 10:06PM
silvamae

I have the same exact concern, Toomuch. I could not use up a tenth of my stash -- I can easily imagine being featured on Hoarders.

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 11:48PM
ernie85017, zn 9, phx

Oh, dear. Have you two been in my house?

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 12:07AM
More Discussions
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
Sponsored Products
WS Bath Collections Secioni Paper Basket - SECIONI 53431.09
$406.00 | Hayneedle
Nest Friends Salt & Pepper Shakers - Set of 2
$14.99 | Dot & Bo
Swanstone Shower Hardware Beadboard 1/4 in. x 36 in. x 96 in. One Piece Easy Up
Home Depot
Series 442 Antique Bronze Three-Light Semi-Flush
$117.00 | Bellacor
Olde Bronze Wall Sconce 1-Light
$50.00 | PLFixtures
Wells Sinkware 18 Gauge Single Undermount Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Overstock.com
Cabinet Light: Rite Lite Grey 10-LED Wireless Slim Light LPL696
$13.71 | Home Depot
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Contemporary-Pattern Black/Sand Rug (7'10" x 11')
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™