Mailbox Covers

move-or-be-paintedMarch 4, 2008

Hello Fellow Painters

I am new to the forum and looking forward to it. I have been painting for 12 years now. Like everyone else lots of books, paint and brushes. I don't want to count them it would scare me to much. I have so many books that have not been opened since they were brought home from the store, but I know that they are there and what is in them. Can't seem to remember a lot of things but let anone move anything from my painting desk, I know right away. I also gave painting lesson for about 5 years but had to stop when DH became sick. Right now I want to paint a mailbox cover but can't seem to find anywhere to buy one. I have tried searching every way I could think of but can't find a supplier. Does anyone know where I could get them. Thanks for your help

Brenda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Hi Move-or-be-painted, Welcome to the Painting forum. I tried some searches for them too, but no luck. I did find the paintable, sewable canvas--maybe you could make your own cover? Hope some one else will jump in here with where to find the ready made ones. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Paintable canvas

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 11:41AM
brendastarr

www.magnetsource.com/Solutions_Pages/flex.html
Hi Brenda- I bought magnetic sheeting years ago in A C Moore.for the same purpose....I checked the tube I had and I went to the web site above and they have sheets in different colors.....just not sure how much u have to buy,,,,,I bought a roll of 24" x 48.......I had good intentions.....its still intack in the tube...lol.... .good luck.......

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 7:07PM
paintingfool

Gosh, there must be a lot of Brendas out there in painting. If Brenda Starr's source doesn't turn up anything, try your local sign company. They do magnetic signs for cars so they might have a piece large enough for your mailbox (and it may be in their garbage bin for free).
Good luck and welcome. I am still waiting for more pics from our painters.
B

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 11:43AM
move-or-be-painted

Thank-you for your suggestions I will try the magnetic sheeting and see it that works. I don't know what I am doing wrong I can't seem to be able to post any pictures on here. I followed the directions but.... I will havr to try again. Thank
Brenda

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 9:03PM
sharon_fl

I held a Xmas craft art 6 yrs ago for neighbors in my park. We made the mailbox covers. All I did was use the centerfold of a newspaper & placed it over the box & creased it on the 'seams' part of the box. I did the same with the door and back panel Allow 1" all around the body panel & end pieces to fold in a hem & then,hot glue it. I also set the pattern on the box to cut a slit for the flag & the handle for the door. We made our color selections and used oilcloth as the fabric.Once all of the pieces were cut, fitted, a Flag & the latch openings cut-wesimply sewed all of the pieces together!They decorated them as they saw fit.
On the undersides of the box's main panel-I sewed velcro tape about 6" apart so they securely fasten underneath.

Bookmark   March 18, 2008 at 11:49PM
More Discussions
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™