Brand new to this

abigstepMarch 14, 2009

Hello all. I'm so glad I found this forum because I thought I was going through this alone...but no! I've read most of the posts and have found people that know what I'm thinking and feeling. Very cool. I'm very new to the blended family. I've been in this relationship for 7 months. My guy has 2 kids and I have none of my own so it was instant family from day 1. Very scary. And still is. Some days are wonderful and I think "No problem" then the next day there's some drama either with his kids, his ex or his parent. Then I feel I'm back at square one. I have no idea how to deal with kids but I'm learning...fast. I do enjoy them, most of the time, but it's so stressful!! And his ex, don't even get me started.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I'm sure there will be more of that :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justnotmartha

Welcome - you are in good company. I hope you will find comfort and advice here.

Bookmark   March 14, 2009 at 2:05PM
liesbeth

Hi there, how old are your skids? I have 2 aged 11 and 12 and they are 2 lovely girls. I've got no kids of my own either. You are so not alone, and it is good to be here!!
:-)

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 10:32PM
mom2emall

Welcome! I am a biomom to one and a full-time stepmom to 3. We are not even close to being the brady bunch..but we do well!

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 12:18AM
abigstep

My skids are 2 and 8 year old boys. We just had a great night together last night and when that happens, I'm on cloud nine. But then I wait for the fall-out from the X-wife. There's ALWAYS something. I call her MOTY, because mom-of-the-year she isn't! But that's under my breath of course :)

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 6:11AM
organic_maria

Welcome! I'm biomom to one and Sm..only by title to 2 skids. girl 13, boy 10. Both good kids...with their own issues of course.:)
I say sm by title because apparently they've been taught i'm nothing to them and we are not their 'real' family. Doesn't bother me like it did a few years ago...less responsibility the way i see it. So yes, i treat them as 'guests' in my household and only that. Its sad. But reality and how bm has trained them. Dont worry...pay back is a bleep...and her daughter is dishing it to her as i write.

Bookmark   March 21, 2009 at 1:13PM
lovehadley

Hi and welcome! I am a BM to a 6 (7 next month) year old DD and my SS is turning 7 next week.

It is an up and down road being a step-parent.

Glad you found this forum!

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 4:34PM
More Discussions
Can I handle becoming a stepmom one day?
I just turned 36 earlier this month. My boyfriend and...
Foxycf
step adult kids
Where and how do I start.. my wife has two adult kids....
January99
how much child support do you pay?
Hi everyone. I have been a non-custodial stepmom for...
Mary
husband has new found 21 year old daughter
I am having a lot of trouble coping. Please dont beat...
bethster71
Choosing Cats over Friends
Sorry, I'm posting this here because I don't know where...
Karen10125
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™