Enlarging a drawing/pattern

kayjonesMarch 8, 2008

Hi, everyone! I just started taking watercolor painting lessons, and so enthusiastic - but...I am wanting to use free patterns from different web sites. Can someone help me figure out how to make the patterns larger, to fit a sheet of 8"x10" or 11"x14" paper?

I did a google.com search and came up with Microsoft Paint, which I tried, but once I get it enlarged, I can't get it to print out.

I also downloaded the trial version of Glass Eye software, but I couldn't figure that one out, either! I am really dense, I guess.

Can anyone email me and offer me a solution? Thank you SO MUCH!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

kayjones~
Hi and welcome...
I've not used any of the programs you have mentioned. I just save my patterns to my computer and use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to open them up. Then I use that program to print, brings up all the different sizes I can choose from and prints them to fit.

Hopefully someone else will have a good program or good instructions to help you out with your question. Good luck and we'd love to see your finished projects! ~Anj

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 10:04PM
kayjones

Thank you for responding. I wanted to ask you for step-by-step instructions, but I see you don't have an email listed here on GW. I finally got my Microsoft Office activated, but I can't figure out how to use it. If you could email me via 'My Page' and give me instructions, I would really appreciate it - THANK YOU!

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 11:54PM
kraftymom

My printer does enlargements and reductions for me but I've also done them simply in WORD.
To enlarge a line pattern...On the page where you find the pattern hold down the left button of your mouse and drag it over the pattern to highlight. Then right click over the highlighted design and click 'COPY'. Go into WORD and right click to 'PASTE' it into WORD. Once it's there left click on the design and a frame will appear around the design. Left click on the box in one of the corners of the frame and holding the button down you can drag the pic out to enlarge it to fit the page.
By dragging the corners you keep the proper proportions of the design intact.

Bookmark   March 9, 2008 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Sponsored Products
Single Watch Winder with Storage
$349.00 | FRONTGATE
Arteriors Home - Hanley Large Chandelier - 89013
Great Furniture Deal
Anita Mirror
Grandin Road
Norah Outdoor Area Rug
Grandin Road
Teal Blue Maddox Chairs, Set of 2
Cost Plus World Market