Oh boy, new toys!

kraftymomMarch 14, 2008

I just purchased a nice selection of Black Gold Wave brushes. I can't wait to try these out. I have a variety of different sizes of just about every specialty brush there is from scruffies, rake/comb, mops, fan, Wisp, deerfoot, dagger, etc, but these are unique even compared to any of these - especially the Whale's Tail brush. I love playing with new painting tools and products, that's what keeps painting interesting.

I'm working on 2 projects right now that I have to get finished but once they are done I am going to put my new brushes to use!

Unfortunately that was only part of my spending spree. I am also a woodworker and bought some new Dremel accessories. Like I said....Oh boy, new toys!! LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Well that sure sounds like a fun purchase. You will have fun seeing what you can create with them for sure. Can't wait for you to finish your projects so you can share pics of them with us.

Luvs

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 9:17PM
paintingfool

Kraftymom, I will be taking a class on how to use the Wave brushes when I am in Tampa at the SDP Painting Convention. I am sure there are a lot of different things to do with those brushes - and I always need another brush. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun, post pics when you are through.
B

Bookmark   March 14, 2008 at 9:20PM
kraftymom

Speaking of pics....Is there anyway to post a pic here from my own photo program (like my HP or Microsoft photo program) other than joining a program like photobucket?

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 11:54AM
kraftymom

B,

By any chance is the class instructor Linda Lover? I have several of her books and they were the inspiration behind me buying these brushes.

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 12:01PM
luvstocraft

Kraftymom, most everyone downloads to a free site like Photobucket then posts from there to here.

There may be other ways, but I'm not a techie, so of no help. There is a computer forum here at Gardenweb, perhaps they could answer the question.

Or maybe someone here can help.

Luvs

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 1:09PM
paintingfool

Krafty, I don't know the instructor yet but we get a set of the brushes as part of the class. I don't think we are actually painting a project, just practicing and learning the different uses of that particular brush. I have just about every kind of brush made, some dating back to the early 80's. But I am always looking for that "magic brush". However, I seem to keep going back to the ones I have used forever because they just seem to work for me. I have never heard of Linda Lover (great name) but I am going to look her up on the web.
Thanks,
B

Bookmark   March 15, 2008 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™