Looking for a robin's egg blue shade

syllabusMarch 5, 2008

Actually looking for a formula to mix this shade out of acrylic craft paints.

I tried messing around a bit today and didn't really like what I was getting. So I made a trip to a local craft store and stood in front of their displays for a while. Nothing really looked like I am aiming for.

I'm not an expert painter and just dabble around doing birdhouses and such. I have a few wooden eggs and would like to paint them a robin's egg blue.

Can anyone offer me any combos to try? I have an extensive collection of acrylics to play around w/.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

Wow! I have Robin's Egg Blue by FolkArt - must be a discontinued color. The only other color I have that I would consider comparable is Delta Ceramcoat Light Victorian Teal.
Teal may be the color you want to go with making it as blue or green as you choose. The following link has a recipe for mixing some common colors - teal included.

Here is a link that might be useful: How To Mix Colors

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 11:16AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
syllabus

krafty: thank you so much for your relpy! The link is great and will help me w/ future projects, too! I think I'll check out the Folk Art site to see if this is a current color. If it is... that's just a great excuse to visit another craft store! :) If it's discontinued, at least I now know which direction to play around in.

Thanks again!

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 12:53PM
More Discussions
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™