Terra Cotta Sealer

Ruby_RedMarch 30, 2002

I was in Michael's the other day and saw they had a spray can of Terra Cotta Sealant. Has anyone seen, used or heard of this product. Wondering if it might make it easier to paint in light colors, like taking less coats to completely cover the terra cotta color. Even when I use gloss indoor/outdoor paints, the light colors don't seem to cover as well. TIA

Helen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Deb_from_Pa

I never used it but it must be made specially for that purpose. Let us know if you use it if it is worth it

Bookmark   July 14, 2002 at 7:13AM
perk2

I too wondered about that product. Sometimes I use a wood sealer and that seems to work for me. (KEEP IT IN MIND)

Bookmark   July 15, 2002 at 9:02AM
crafty13

I spray my terra cotta containers with Deco Art's Americana acrylic matte sealer/finisher before painting. When I use that first it seems to cut down on the number of coats of paint needed. I would think any brand would work.

I would be interested in knowing if the terra cotta sealant is more or less costly compared to the Americana spray. The only reason I use the Americana is because it's what I have on hand.

Deb

Bookmark   August 5, 2002 at 7:12AM
Ruby_Red

Crafty, the Terra Cotta sealer costs $4.99 a can but if you get either Michael's 40% or Joann's 50% coupons, it costs considerably less. Still haven't gotten around to usng it yet, maybe in the next couple weeks I will. I have plenty of other sealers around to use also. Thanks for the info.

Helen

Bookmark   August 5, 2002 at 7:46AM
FlowergirlDeb2

Patio Paint has a clear coat that works wonderful as a sealer, it's finish is light gloss, it has to be brushed on but I think it is worth the time. It's only .99 a 2 oz. bottle at Wal-Mart.

Bookmark   May 3, 2003 at 1:11AM
More Discussions
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™