Frustrating situation - venting.
My SS, A__, turned 10 on Monday.
His homework planner is supposed to be signed by a parent every day, but BM goes for weeks on end without seeing what's what in it. This leaves A__'s school-life totally unconnected with his home-life until we see his backpack on the weekend.
Well, A__ acted up at school on Monday, and a note was written in his planner. BM didn't look in his planner at all last week, so I was the first to see this - on Saturday!
We asked BM about it, and A__ lied to her when she asked how school was on Monday. So now he's grounded for the weekend for lying.
- that A__ lied.
- that BM doesn't look in his planner.
- with DH because he's being lazy about enforcement and I wind up being the bad guy.
- because 5 days is awfully long time for a kid with ADHD to be removed from his actions before a punishment hits.
- to trust A__.
- BM to step up and be a 100% parent.
- DH to step up and be a 100% parent.
- for A__ to have proactive people in his life instead of people who wait for him to screw up and then punish him for it.
But I am happy that we had good communication with BM on this and that A__ sees both households working together.
Thank you for the vent.