Painting on glass blocks

frediaMarch 5, 2008

I have read on here about painting on the glass blocks but can't find it now.Would someone please tell me what kind of paint to use? I prefer acrylics but don't know if they will let the lights shine through or if it will last on the glass.What do you seal them with? I got the hole drilled with no problem, found the lights and now I don't know how to finish.Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

If you go to the bottom of the page there is a search box for this fourm, if you type in glass blocks quite a few post will come up and I am sure you will find alot of info! you can also go to the craft fourm and do a search ,theres alot of beautiful photos of glass blocks to inspire you, some people use decals, some printed graphic, and of course hand painting, hope this helps, come back and show us your finished blocks.
almost forgot to say you can use a extender with acrylics paints for a transparent look, gives the look of stained glass.
oddie

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 9:47AM
candy1954

Hi,
I painted some glass blocks for a craft show a few years ago. You can use acrylic paint, if it is not enamel then you will need to use a clear acrylic sealer.

Candy

Bookmark   March 7, 2008 at 7:56PM
Lanespringer_att_net

Thanks for the tip of adding an extender to acrylic paint for use on glass blocks! I'm painting a set for my girlfriends and want them to look good!

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 8:39AM
pezabelle

Lane....so glad that you stopped by and found what you were looking for, please come back and show us your finished painted blocks. We all love looking at everyone's projects and they seem to give us all us boost of creative energy.

Belle

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 11:10AM
csgreg_verizon_net

looking for painting on glass blocks! ????

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™