Painting applies and lemons

paintingfoolFebruary 27, 2008

OK, I am still working on this piece. I need stronger highlights and maybe a bit more red in the right apple. I still have to highlight the grapes and paint in one leaf but I thought you might like to see the work in progress.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

I am very impressed!! Beautiful throughout, and those shiny apples are wonderful.

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 6:39PM
anjabee

Oh gosh. I could pick one up and eat it, they look so real! Excellent, excellent work, Bebe. Or maybe I should call it play since I know you are having such a good time painting them.ha Love it! ~Anj

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 8:12PM
paintingfool

Thanks yall. I am still working on this piece. Don't have the grapes down yet. I did finish the other leaf and the highlights on the apple but I am done for tonight. This is going to be the top to an 11" x 16" box. I don't have fruit in my kitchen so I will probably put this up for sale later. Yall must think I am nuts for taking so many classes but I am retired and I love seeing the techniques of others. Always something to learn. Thanks again. b

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 8:45PM
luvstocraft

Bebe, you are such a good painter. Even when you are learning new things, you do amazing work. Your fruit just looks amazingly real, excellent job on it. Luvs

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 10:34PM
oddie

Just beautiful! who would think you are nuts for takeing the classes! as you said there is always something new to learn! and you sure do a great job of it! I to feel like I could pick that apple up and eat it! looks so real!
oddie

Bookmark   February 28, 2008 at 7:40AM
paintingfool

Aw, Shucks!! This is why I love this forum. The painting isn't even finished and you give such lovely compliments. I don't make New Year's resolutions because I can never keep them, so this year I have decided to try my best to finish every project I start. That means going back into my closet and pulling out the ones I never finished. It's my year to paint!! Thanks, yall.
B

Bookmark   February 28, 2008 at 9:17AM
painting_mom_07

Wow, B that is awesome! I think your work is beautiful and very realistic. How long have you been painting? I would love to learn to paint like that. I thought mine was cute but your painting is... "art" Fabulous!! You are very talented. BRAVO!

Diane

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 7:29AM
pegtn

Bebe its just beautiful. Are you using oils?

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 4:49PM
paintingfool

Peg, no, it is acrylic. I love using oils because of the blending. I have learned to blend with acrylics by dampening the area with water before I float a color on. I wish I could figure out what is wrong with my camera, I can't get the photos to load right, if I can fix the problem tonight I will post the finished pic. Thanks for the nice compliment.
B

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 6:55PM
annabell40

Absolutely beautiful. I thought it was oils too. I can't wait to paint the way you all do. I'm so new at this. I am enyoying the journey though.

:)

Anna

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™