One of those happy blended family times

mom2emallFebruary 22, 2009

My kids all have a behavior chart. We picked the top 3 behaviors that bother us from each of them and put them on a chart. Each day they can get 3 stars total if they do not exhibit those three behaviors. Some days they may get all 3 stars..some days less..some days no stars. We then have a list of rewards for stars. It takes them about 2 weeks to earn a reward. Since they each earn different amounts of stars at different times they do not all buy rewards at the same time (if it makes sense).

Our rewards are all non-monetary things such as playing a board game with just mom or dad, a day of no chores, pick what we have for dinner, etc. One of the choices is to buy a later bedtime. They can buy 30 extra minutes.

So tonight my son said he wanted to buy a later bedtime with his stars. I asked him if he wanted it for himself only or for all 4 of them. He said all 4 of them because they all wanted to play a card game before bed.

I thought that was really sweet! He could have easily only bought it for himself but he wanted to spend time with all of them.

Just thought I would share something happy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
believer

What a sweetheart! There is no way that, as a child, I would have included my brothers! I am impressed. I hope they all enjoyed themselves.

Bookmark   February 22, 2009 at 10:39PM
finedreams

how nice. what a kind soul he is!

Bookmark   February 23, 2009 at 11:57AM
lamom

mom2emall,

That's a wonderful story and plan. What a sweetheart to include his brothers in his reward. He should get a bonus star for thoughtfulness.

Bookmark   February 23, 2009 at 12:42PM
justnotmartha

You are raising some great kids, Mom2.

Bookmark   February 24, 2009 at 12:23AM
More Discussions
grown adult stepchildren
I married my husband 2 years ago, his wife had died...
yvonne1969
Post Partum Depression Because of Step-Grandmother?
I have a 5 year old boy and a 4 month old girl. I was...
CarolinaMom36
Step son not interested in moving out... Please help!!!
My husband and I have been married for just over 2...
hdghnurse
To visit or not to visit
About three years ago, after many instances of being...
wrychoice1
Trying to figure out how to be a good adult stepdaughter...
My mother died eight years ago, and my dad remarried...
LindaLou22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™