kids bedroom

lil_italy4July 29, 2012

Please help! I have a 9 yr old daughter and a 2 yr old son who will soon be sharing a 10ftx12ft bedroom. I havnt the first clue as to how to maximize space for sleeping/storage/playing. It does include a sliding door closet but i dont even know how to utilize that space either.I need to be able to have room for all their toys and clothes as well as a place to sleep and i want them to be able to play in the room as well. Any suggestions for furniture,color schemes and organizing ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am in essence an organizing/decorating virgin.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ellendi

Bunk beds would save on space. Or, the beds can go in an L-shape against the walls. Organize the closet with Elfa shelves etc. (We bought ours from The Container Store)
Under the bed storage for the toys.
Some people like to remove the doors of the closet and put up a curtain. (I am not a fan of this look, but I see how it can be useful in a tight space)
With a boy and girl, I would go green, yellow, blue and red, depending on what you and they like.
Can you post pictures?

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 4:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
desertsteph

a bookcase for each for their toys and books would help.

be sure it/they are wired from behind to a stud in the wall so they can't be tipped over on the little one. I do that and don't even have little ones here anymore.

Bookmark   July 29, 2012 at 5:32PM
More Discussions
Family of 5 into 1500 sq ft
Hello! I thought I'd introduce myself since I've been...
pinkpanther5
Tiny House Forum?
I like this forum- but I sometimes think that we could...
angiepangie
Help for me coming soon...
My family and friends have been praying for that all...
desertsteph
How many square feet is your "small home"
My house is 859sf. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath, but...
tlbean2004
ML - your new kitchen (or DR?) light fixture
I think I just saw one like it... somewhat anyway....
desertsteph
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™