Patriotic house number plaque

donnas_gwJanuary 22, 2013

Here is the picture of another house number plaque I made. This one is my favorite. There is nothing wrong with the top where the house numbers are, but I think it must have been too much light (flash) when I took the picture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

I love this one! My whole house is done up with Americana! Are the stars painted on or raised wood pieces? Great job on it. Your lines are so crisp! TFS! ~Anj

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 11:37AM
donnas_gw

I bought pre-cut stars at Michaels and painted them. Didn't prime them first, and I know I should have. Used E6000 glue to attach them, but ended up drilling holes in the back of the plaque and using small screws to keep the things on. After it's been out most of the summer and gets beat up by rainstorms, it wears the paint off the stars. I end up re-painting them again. Even though I use a clear spray-on gloss, it still doesn't protect the paint on the stars, nor did it keep them on the plaque for more than one or 2 summers. IF I ever decide to do another one of these, those stars will be painted on, and I do have a stencil for them LOL This plaque does hang on my vinyl siding like the fall plaque. I just placed it on my front door to take a picture.

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 12:01PM
anjabee

I'm sure they probably give it some dimension, but not worth the hassle? I'll keep that in mind if I get around to making one! ha Thanks! ~Anj

Bookmark   January 23, 2013 at 10:11PM
More Discussions
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™