Still painting hearts...

paintingfoolJanuary 29, 2011

I did not realize how many hearts I have in my stash. This one is really sweet. It is a mirror with one side cute out so you can hold it in your hand - possibly to see the back of your hair in the mirror. Anyway, I sponged the background with pink and white. I don't normally do this type of background but since it was originally blue I wanted something that would cover it. So a few roses and rosebuds -Ta'Da - it is finished. Two down and more to go.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

Your mirror is beautiful. I love it. I have never seen one like it. Your sponged background is perfect with your roses. You do wonderful work. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 12:13AM
pezabelle

Bebe....Another hit! You have given new life to a very pretty shape. I need to study roses...yours are always so nice, and your ribbon...perfect. do you use a flat brush or a stripper?

I like doing sponge or slip-slap backgrounds, they add so much dimension to a piece.

Belle

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 12:41PM
phonegirl

Bebe, darling mirror. I love it that you painted on both sides of this mirror. Your little rose buds with the vine around it is so pretty. I like your sponged background on this project too.

Punk

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 2:02PM
paintingfool

Thanks everyone. Belle, I use an angle brush for almost everything. And to make the ribbons a bit sheer I use Jo Sonja Magic Mix with a bit of paint. I don't put much effort into it - to highlight I use a scrubber with most of the paint removed on a paper towel, then lightly scrub on the light.
B

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 9:12PM
luvstocraft

What a neat mirror! You really made it special with your pretty roses. Isn't it a great feeling to be getting some of your stash painted finally? You are sure on a role. TFS.

Luvs

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 11:07PM
nonacook

GREAT! I like that it is a mirror!!!!

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 8:37AM
calirose

Bebe, very pretty! I love the softness of it as well as the beauty.

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 3:48PM
More Discussions
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™