light bulbs

rodiJanuary 15, 2002

does anyone have any instructions and patterns for painting on light bulbs? Easter and summer ideas.

thanks

rodi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okla_gal

I have a book on painting lightbulbs I will let you know later what I have got.

Bookmark   January 16, 2002 at 1:09AM
rodi

have you found any of the light bulb paintings, looking mostly for easter and summer ones, have plenty for Christmas

Thanks
rodi.

Bookmark   January 21, 2002 at 8:55PM
pennymacdonald

Okla_gal could you tell us what the name of the book is? I live in Canada and haven't found anything here. Maybe this could be a start.
TIA
Penny

Bookmark   January 22, 2002 at 2:45PM
kraftymom

My books on painting bulbs are mostly Christmas designs. But I did come across one painted white for an Easter Bunny. Then they added two felt ears hanging down to the sides and put a straw hat with flowers on it for an Easter bonnet. Cute.

This lady has a duck in her picture archives at http://communities.msn.com/MawmawsCraftBin/picturesofcrafts.msnw?Page=7

I'm not sure if that's the right page but it's in there somewhere. She also did some turkeys for Thanksgiving.

Bookmark   January 22, 2002 at 7:59PM
Jennifer123

I have seen a few pictures of easter chicks, and I have painted quite a few bunnies (I might have some pictures). I have also seen a picture of a Uncle Sam, and I am trying to come up with my own idea for a Statue of Liberty. Good luck!
~Jennifer (Blakefullhouse@aol.com)
I would also like to know the name of that book too, if anyone comes up with it.

Bookmark   January 23, 2002 at 9:56AM
kraftymom

Go to http://www.voy.com/54161 and look at 'Painted Lightbulbs'- Alma. She's posted pictures of some Easter bunnies, bugs, chicks and more.

Bookmark   January 23, 2002 at 11:16AM
Katinsi

Dear Okla-Gal,
Do you know the name of the book, I would love to know. Thanks.
Kats

Bookmark   January 30, 2002 at 8:23PM
BeBe_Giroux

Here is a new book out with patterns/instructions for all kinds of painted lightbulbs. It is really cute...called "Watts Happening", by Sandy Holman.

Here is a link that might be useful: Artists Club

Bookmark   January 31, 2002 at 1:08AM
Okla_gal

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you I promise I will go thru my books tommorrow and get the name. I had been rather sick and then very busy trying to catch up on everything but I will go thru them and let you know.

Bookmark   February 6, 2002 at 12:48AM
Okla_gal

I found my book and it's called ornaments for the tree so there are no easter just xmas. there are birdhouse bulb ornaments, angels santas snowmen and others but no easter. I am sorry I took so long but everyone in fam seems to have the flu.

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 11:52PM
minnie_tx

Chdck out the crafts and decorations forum around the 5th of March. I know there is a bride and groom bulb and I think there may be more. Just check the subjects.

Bookmark   March 27, 2002 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™