My latest project

gail1055January 13, 2008

Here's another fan blade. This is a special order. I painted one lighthouse fan blade for a friend and she wanted another one to give to her aunt. I wasn't sure about using such bright colors. Not everyone would like it but I wanted to give it a try. Gail

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Oh Gail, I love it! I think the colors are really pretty. You know the place where I go for manicures/pedicures had someone come in and paint a large beach scene on one whole wall which I love. Your lighthouse pic reminds me of that wall for some reason. You did a great job on it. Luvs

Bookmark   January 13, 2008 at 6:20PM
anjabee

I almost missed this post. I love it too. It looks like early morning as the sun is coming up. Of the two though, I do prefer the more traditional one that you did before. I really loved that one. So have you given it to the friend yet? What did she think? And has she given it to her aunt yet? I bet she loved it. ~Anj

Bookmark   January 15, 2008 at 10:30AM
oceanna

I also love it. The colors are warm and wonderful. Whoever gets it is very lucky!

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 10:58AM
paintingfool

Very pretty, reminds me of the sunsets on the Gulf. You did a great job. I have a friend who made over $100,000 a year and he painted mostly lighthouses!! He painted them on birdhouses, lazy susans, commode seats, light switches, almost anything. He got a reference book and since he lives in South Carolina, he painted lighthouses from all up and down the coast. He made a lot of money doing it. I never knew so many people love lighthouses!!

Again, great job!

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 11:11AM
oddie

I too love lighthouses! and yours are Beautiful! I lived on the oregon coast for three years and think about those happy times offen, Thanks for shareing your beautiful projects!
oddie

Bookmark   January 20, 2008 at 8:33AM
More Discussions
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™