Snowflake pattern for stenciling

donnas_gwJanuary 16, 2013

I wish I was as crafty as some people are, but I'm not. I know I can find snowflake templates online. What I need is a template for stenciling snowflakes onto a wooden plaque I'm making. I've tried tracing a snowflake template (one I did find online that I liked) onto a piece of foamie, but cutting it out is a problem for me. Have tried small scissors, even an Xacto (sp) knife and ended up cutting my finger with that thing. I am using the creme stencil paint in a small jar. Don't know if they make it anymore. Maybe I should just stick to sewing LOL.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

Do you know anyone who owns a cricut?

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 8:44PM
colorcrazy

Donna, the craft stores have snowflake stencils.

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 10:41AM
donnas_gw

anjabee, I don't know of anyone who has a cricut. I'm not really sure how they work, but I've seen them in craft stores and I know they are expensive.

colorcrazy, the only craft store I've tried so far is Ben Franklin. They only had the alphabet/numerical stencils, and I think they were lightweight cardboard or something. Will try Michaels later today.

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 10:55AM
luvstocraft

I think you could use waxed paper or thin cardboard like a cereal box and just cut your design out with sissors. You would need to tape it securely and not reuse it as it would get filmsy once wet. I know it can be frustrating when you want to do something and can't find the materials you need. Luvs

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 12:05PM
More Discussions
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™