Another project completed - not a heart

paintingfoolJanuary 30, 2011

I just completed this cute clock this morning. I like little angels but I am not liking this ones wings so I will probably redo some of it and make it more of a wash. When I first painted it the pink and green was too bright so I whitewashed it. Again the background is sponged and I kept the leaves very simple. After I finished I noticed the little rosebuds around the clock were too close in so I will redo them also. The clock face covers half of it. That is what happens when you don't measure first. Enjoy,

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

That is absolutely stunning. You are so good. How long does it take to paint something like this? You have been really busy lately. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 7:13PM
luvstocraft

Bebe, don't completely redo the roses--don't you think you could just add a few a little further from the clock in the spaces? I think that would work. Again you do faces so well--just precious.

Luvs

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 11:10PM
paintingfool

Ok, I went in and removed the wings - just didn't like them. Then I painted over the little rose buds and brought them out a bit more. Can you tell the difference? It's subtle but I can see it.
B

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 5:36PM
kayjones

Breath-taking!

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 8:24PM
phonegirl

Soooo Sweeeeet. I love angels too and this is beautiful. I'm so glad you shared this with us.

Punk

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 9:20PM
calirose

I like the softer wings, but both were nice. You paint so softly, I really wish I could!

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 3:53PM
pezabelle

Bebe...I missed posting to the first rendition..it was beautiful, but I really like the changes. The roses farther out from the face of the clock is really great.

I feel so inadequate to be suggesting a possible change, but here I go.....had you though about starting her wings farther down, maybe nearer to her chin line? I found my eye wondering away from her face and hair which are so perfect, to her left (our right) wing tip which end above her head. Should the tip end just at the crown of her head? Gosh! Your angel and you are so awesome how can I even think of suggestion changes! Sigh! But you said you weren't happy with the wings.....sigh.....Going to hid somewhere! Belle

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 7:41PM
More Discussions
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Fauxwood Arch. Free Samples and Shipping!
Blinds.com
Dayton White Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Hinkley Meridian Collection 29" Wide Bathroom Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Accent Rug: Country Living Tan 2' x 2' 9"
$40.49 | Home Depot
Crosley Bardstown Entertainment Center Stand - ST75-PA
$99.95 | Hayneedle
French country produce rattan basket
Origin Crafts
VIGO Chrome Finish Bathroom Vessel Faucet