Gotta love NC's PBS!

Jill_NCJanuary 6, 2002

On Saturdays I used to watch a show called Paint, Paint, Paint. Sometimes they'd have segments that I could relate to---easy stuff like stencilling, and occasinally they'd have one-stroke painting. Well, last week they said that Paint, Paint, Paint was moving to a new time. Guess what replaced it?? Donna Dewberry's OSP show! It was great. I can't wait to order one of her kits, but even though I haven't started yet, it's still fascinating to watch.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

We are also lucky to have 2 PBS stations in my area
that carry a variety of shows by painting artists. We also get Dewberry (on both stations), Susan Scheewee, and Helen Van Wyk to name a few. We also get Paint! Paint! Paint! and I really have enjoyed the faux finishes they do on that show. As far as I'm concerned there can't be enough shows on painting. There's always something new to learn.

Bookmark   January 14, 2002 at 1:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sammytx

Jill & Kraftymom----you guys are REALLLLLLY lucky. My PBS station is owned by a religious concern (won't mention which) but we spend a LOT of time on that subject & NONE on decorative painting shows and maybe one on sewing or quilting. We are lucky to still get This Old House! They have even cut most of the cooking shows! Writing them & requesting changes to newer programs is useless. Please write your PBS stations & tell them how much it means to you to have these painting shows available to you. Your much less fortunate friend....sammytx!

Bookmark   January 18, 2002 at 8:57AM
More Discussions
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™