Three ornaments

luvstocraftDecember 17, 2008

Painted these three cute little guys from a Renee Mullins pattern in one of my magazines. My apologies to Renee, I know mine look no where nearly as good as hers! LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Luvs, They turned out great. What would you like to be different about them? Add a nose or mouth to the ginger? Don't sweat the small stuff and keep painting so we can enjoy. LOL

Bookmark   December 18, 2008 at 10:03AM
pezabelle

How darling! They are great and as phonegirl said in all in the enjoyment of the painting. I often paint duplicate items and no two ever turn out the same. To me, the artist who made the pattern/instructions just took my thoughts and saved me the trouble of working out the lines and colors. When I paint it..now it's mine not hers. And it will be different.

Belle

Bookmark   December 18, 2008 at 12:03PM
anjabee

Well, I don't think they could look any better! Did you cut these out? I love Renee Mullins patterns, but it's always good to see your individual take on whatever pattern you use. I hardly ever use the same colors and there is almost always something that I change from the original too. I think they are really cute. How big are they? They are probably too big, but they would make cute pins. =) ~Anj

Bookmark   December 18, 2008 at 6:13PM
luvstocraft

I love Renee Mullins patterns. Anj, these are about 31/2x 4 inches--could easily be made a bit smaller though. I did cut them out--really easy ones. Don't have any special plans for them, just made them because I liked them. Luvs

Bookmark   December 18, 2008 at 7:41PM
paintingfool

Luvs, they look adorable. The gingerbread looks like she is cold. Renee Mullins has the cutest patterns but like Anj says, you paint them as your own and always do such a nice job.
B

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™