Ginger with Roses

phonegirlDecember 6, 2008

I tried another ginger with roses and my roses were alot easier to paint this time. I will probably make a sign to hang above but don't know what it should say. Give me some ideas if you have any ok? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

What a cutie!! I love gingers. Your roses look so good. Glad they are coming easier for you. I need lots of practice before mine will look anywher near that good. ha

The first thing that came to my mind for a sign was:

Gingerbread Hugs
&
Christmas Wishes

Have fun finding your perfect saying. =) ~Anj

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 3:52PM
luthien

darn! photobucket died on me again... i just opened it for the snowmen! i have to come back again to see the flowers! but looks good from here!!!!

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 5:20AM
phonegirl

Anj, I like the gingerbread hugs, so thanks. Luthien, photobucket is very unpredictable. When I posted it could be enlarged and now it can't. I will try to post it again and see if that works.

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 9:04PM
luvstocraft

Oh good, I was able to enlarge the 2nd one you posted. Cute little gingy with those pretty long eyelashes. I like Anj's saying for it too. Luvs

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 9:49PM
luthien

oohhh... i can see it now :) the roses are so soft and lovely and i adore the eyelashes on the ginger :)))) sorry... i'm never good at phrases... mine will come out too long!

Bookmark   December 8, 2008 at 5:55AM
phonegirl

Good Morning,
Glad you like the ginger. I painted a santa with a ginger on one of my shutters and a snowman on the other. Luvs, if nothing else you've got me started on my shutters, so thank you. So happy you could both enlarge the 2nd pic.

Bookmark   December 8, 2008 at 9:49AM
luvstocraft

Glad I could motivate someone--it sure doesn't seem to hit me very often! LOL I can't wait to see what you painted on your shutters. I've got several patterns that I've been looking at and wanting to paint. Maybe I'll get one started tomorrow after my doctor appt. Luvs

Bookmark   December 9, 2008 at 12:32AM
pezabelle

So Cute! Love the roses, any saying for the sign yet?

Bookmark   December 9, 2008 at 1:20PM
phonegirl

Luvs, you are great at motivating and are always here for all of us. Belle, I like Anj's saying Gingerbread hugs, so may go with that. Thanks for the rose comment, I'm trying. ha ha

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 12:17AM
calirose

Love it! I just want to reach down and get a great big hug!

Bookmark   December 13, 2008 at 1:57PM
phonegirl

Calirose, Thanks, Anj must of came up with the right saying Gingerbread hugs. What are you painting now? I am winding down for Christmas and doing more cleaning than painting. I don't want my guests to think all I do is paint. LOL I'm heading to do the rest of my shopping tomorrow. It's below zero here so it's hard to want to get out and do alot.

Bookmark   December 17, 2008 at 12:09AM
paintingfool

Makes you want to hug it right back. Gingerbread hugs is the right saying for it.

Sorry it is so cold where you are, it is going to go from 77 degrees yesterday to 29 degrees tonight. BRRRRR, I hate the cold!!
B

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™