Glass Block JOY!

anjabeeNovember 5, 2010

Ok, here is my other project that I got finished. It's a design by Karen Wisner. It looked simple enough, but I had a hard time with it for some reason. Lots of little details. I'd just get frustrated with it and set it aside. I have been working on this thing for 2 winters and I wasn't gonna let it sit and stare at me for another. ha Hope y'all like it. ~Anj

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Anj, it turned out just darling! I know what you mean about Karen Wisner designs--they are so cute, but I always pass them up because she puts so many things in them and I know I just don't have the patience! My congratulations on your perseverance in getting this one all painted. I really love it and all the colors are so pretty. What a great addition to your holiday decor! ;o)

On a side note, I was at a craft show just the other day and they had "plastic" blocks. Very light weight but looked just like the glass blocks, probably easier to drill as well. Have you seen those? I'll have to check a couple of the craft places and see who is carrying them.

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 1:06PM
phonegirl

Oh Anj, this is Wonderful. I love Karen Wisner designs too. She does put alot of detail in her paintings. I'm glad to see you didn't let it kick your Butt! Beautiful job on those candy canes. They aren't the easiest to paint but yours are super.

Punk

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 6:15PM
paintingfool

Anj, this is great. The little details that had sidelined for so long made it worth the wait. You did a wonderful job. B

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 6:28PM
pezabelle

Anj.....you rock girl! This is awesome. Every detail just adds to the finished look and yours looks so good! The twigs are so well done and all of your line work.... question: do you put light inside or have a light shine through? If so, does it glow or highten the colors?

Thank You for sharing this and your witch!

Belle

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 12:05PM
anjabee

Thank you all! I'm glad you liked it. I was so glad to finally get it finished. ha
Luvs, I have seen the plastic blocks and I believe they have them at Hobby Lobby. I just never get over there much. I pick up these glass blocks at the TS for $1 when I find them. The lighter ones would sure be easier to store. ha
Belle~ You could put a light in them if you wanted to. The ones I've done don't have them only because I have been waiting to order a light box from Rock Creek Emporium. It's a box that the lights go in and the glass blocks sit on top and the lights shine up thru them. You can change the blocks out. They have been out of them for a long time though. Need to try to figure out how to make one myself I guess. "/

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 11:27PM
pezabelle

Thanks, am going to the emportium to check out the lights.

Belle

Bookmark   November 9, 2010 at 12:29PM
heartsandcrafts

Anj, this is beautiful! I've never heard of Karen Wisner. I'll have to look for some of her books. I've painted a couple of glass blocks. The first one I made didn't have a hole to put the lights in - drilled it after painting and the block cracked :( Wish I had known about using a light box then LOL!

Bookmark   December 7, 2010 at 6:35PM
jude3944

Very cute. I have not painted in years you guys inspire me to do so again. Very cute

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 10:45AM
anjabee

We wish you would Jude!!! and Thank you! =)

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Flower Arranger Vase
$6.49 | zulily
Rubbed Bronze Four-Light Bath Light with Turinian Scavo Glass
$153.90 | Bellacor
Aura Fushmount by Illuminating Experiences
$359.20 | Lumens
Sample-kinetic Sleet Ovals Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Eglo Samanta 1-Light Matte Nickel Wall Sconce 20167A
$34.97 | Home Depot
Bocci | 21.7 Seven Pendant Chandelier
YLighting
Design House 512640 Cameron 2-Light Wall Sconce - Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish - 512
$118.99 | Hayneedle
Huntington 12 in. Semi-Flushmount by Arroyo Craftsman
$382.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™