Scarecrow, Turkey & Pumpkin

anjabeeNovember 9, 2009

This is from a book that I got at the TS for 25 cents called Greetings by Rebecca Carter. It's called Turkey Blessings because that's what was on the sign in the book, but I changed it. I kinda overspeckled my sign.

There are a couple of more cute ones in this that I'll have to work on next year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Anj,

This sign is so cute and has alot of detail. Great job painting and all that raffia you added looks super. I think it's the pumpkin saying "Happy Fall Ya'All". You can just see it in his expression. TFS Punk

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 11:30PM
citytransplant

How sweet! You did a great job at showing all of the interesting things to look at. Punk is right, the rafia really makes a difference. Love the pumpkin, the scarcrow is adorable and the goofy turkey... well that is over the top.

Joan

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 8:56AM
luvstocraft

Cute! I like all the details you added like the raffia too, and that expression on the turkey is priceless!

So did it feel good to finally have a little painting time again? You sure painted up a storm--three projects in one day! Wow!

Luvs

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 11:12AM
pezabelle

Anj....you are a blesssing! Such a fun grouping and I like the change in the saying!!!!!!!

Everything looks so good....lots of different techniques...and all done so very well! I really like that you changed things to fit your personality! Thank you for sharing and bringing a smile to my face.

Belle

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 6:51PM
anjabee

Thanks and glad ya'll liked this. I just did the raffia just like it had it in the book, although hers looked a little stiffer than mine.
Luvs..I did enjoy my painting day! I've missed it so much!

Bookmark   November 13, 2009 at 6:13AM
paintingfool

Looks really good to me. I love looking at what yall have done because I rarely paint anything for the fall.

Bookmark   November 13, 2009 at 6:41AM
luvstocraft

Bebe, do you just go from Halloween right into Christmas there in Florida? I usually decorate for Fall about when school starts in September, then add in some Halloween, take that back down and keep the Fall until after Thanksgiving. I really love Fall when our temps cool down and the winds blow all the smog away so the air is clear and crisp.

And I love the faces on the scarecrows--they just make me smile!

Luvs

Bookmark   November 13, 2009 at 11:13AM
More Discussions
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™