Boo Sign

anjabeeNovember 9, 2009

This is my Boo sign....not liking it a lot so will probably paint over it next year...thinking plain black like Luvs did hers and put the black glass glitter on them. These do have a dark stain over the top to make them look grungy. Kinda looks weird in the pics.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Anj,

Kinda looks weird. No, not at all! I think they look super with all the details on them. How clever to come up with this.

I really liked the way Luvs painted hers but your children will think you are way cool with this finish.LOL

Punk

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 11:37PM
citytransplant

These are really cute. Very creative with the spiders, the candy corn and the boo all over theme... they are seriously cute. Perhaps they need a different background and a frame to show them off as their true cute selves.

Joan

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 9:05AM
luvstocraft

Anj, they are darling. I agree with both Punk and Joan. If you can put them on a dark background, they will just pop! The designs you did on them are just darling.

You sort of did the reverse of what I was thinking with mine. I had thought black letters on a colorful background. Your's can be colorful letters on a dark background.

I am either going to cut a board to mount mine on, or I might watch for a long frame at the TS to mount them in.

Bet the kids love those spiders! They all turned out great!

Luvs

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 11:09AM
pezabelle

Anj.....how fantastic! They are great! Have you thought about making a mobile? Each letter is a part of the whole and fit together so nicely.

Belle

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 6:42PM
anjabee

Thanks ya'll. We'll wait and see how I feel about them next year. ha They are all packed up for now. Belle~never done a mobile so wouldn't know where to start, but sounds like an idea. I must say that I saw something online that gave me the idea to paint these this way. ~Anj

Bookmark   November 13, 2009 at 6:17AM
paintingfool

Very creative, Anj. Love what you did by adding the designs.

Bookmark   November 13, 2009 at 6:40AM
More Discussions
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™