Santa duo

luvstocraftNovember 30, 2009

Here's a pic of the two Santas I just completed. You may remember them since I made one last year and gave it as a gift. This is a fast, easy pattern from one of Susan Jill Hall's books. Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Luvs....they are so cute! I like how their hair jets out from under their hats and the eyes....with the whispy eye lashes....anyone receiving one will be tickled pink!

Belle

Bookmark   November 30, 2009 at 11:50AM
phonegirl

Oh how sweet! I don't remember these from last year but then it's been a year and that's along time to try to remember.LOL Did you paint the hat red last year also?

I like how the wood grain shows on the beard and the different colored fur is nice. So glad you got these posted and they didn't get ruined in the rain.

Punk

Bookmark   December 1, 2009 at 1:00AM
anjabee

I really don't remember these either, but they sure are cute so I should have. ha I love the little cutouts on the beard. Great detail. I like how the woodgrain shows thru as well. One of those is a keeper right? Great job! ~Anj

Bookmark   December 2, 2009 at 11:53AM
citytransplant

Love the expressions, the wood grain and the notches cut in the beard really are great ideas, the holly and mustache give it dimension. Very nice, very nice!

How are you going to use them?

Joan

Bookmark   December 2, 2009 at 12:36PM
luvstocraft

Yes, I plan to keep one of them. The other one will probably be given away. I just added silk holly and berries, but the actual design had a wooden cutout. I was just too lazy to mess with going out and cutting any, and this gives even more dimension anyway! LOL I like this pattern since it is easy to cut out and a fast paint as well. Luvs

Bookmark   December 2, 2009 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™