Haunting sign

anjabeeOctober 3, 2011

Design by John Sliney I just love those cheesy grins. That's what my kids do when it's picture time! ha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Anj....as you know Primitive isn't my fave...but these guy are awesome! I have seen several of John's patterns and you have one of the best....where did you find the wood or how did you age it?

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 10:45AM
anjabee

Belle~ this piece of wood started off as a long snowman hanger that I got at the TS for 50cents! I cut the round head part into the pointy part of the sign, then sanded it all down. To make it aged, I painted the first coat black then I rubbed a candle in all the spots that I wanted it to look worn, especially around the edges. Then I painted my grey color over the top then after it dried, I sanded it. The wax makes the color not stick so good and it sands right off in a neat pattern. Then I went over it with a dark brown mixed with an antiquing medium. Glad you like it. I love most of John Sliney's designs.

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 12:07PM
phonegirl

Here you go again with another neat project. This sign is Great Anj. Those grins are making me grin from ear to ear. So fun.

I remember you doing this process on another project that I really enjoyed last year. Wanna share again?

Punk

Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 8:45PM
anjabee

If I have time I will try to look for it. I am in a terrible rush this week! Leaving to go to Mississippi early Sat morning and have so much to do before then, but I will try!!

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 8:39PM
luvstocraft

Bet your kids love this one. Can't help but smile when you see it. Have a great time on your trip. Luvs

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 12:21AM
More Discussions
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™