Cute log home kitchen

lavender_lassJuly 20, 2013

I saw this and showed a friend (Deedles) on the kitchen forum. This reminds me of her kitchen layout. I really like the light and view from the range. It's making me rethink the peninsula vs. island :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to cute log home kitchen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
schoolhouse_gw

I love that first photo, showing the great cabinets. But the others show a kitchen with too much clutter for me. BUT, that's me. If you have a family and need to cook for a crew,ect. there's bound to be a necessity for stuff within reach.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 11:16AM
lavender_lass

I think she had me with the herbal tea :)

It's nice to see a log cabin kitchen with lighter finishes. I also liked the fabric on the lower cabinets. Easy to get to things (swing out rods) but not so much wood. I like a little more color and fabric than you see in most modern kitchens. A little marble would be so nice in a baking area...but these huge white and marble kitchens seem unrealistic to me (at least for me) and I don't like the really dark all wood kitchens either.

I really like your kitchen, Schoolhouse...it's light and inviting, but also whimsical and charming. A great combination and I wish we had more of those kitchens in magazines. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong magazines?? LOL

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 2:15PM
rosie

What a charming and very functional kitchen! Thanks, Lavender. I really like the way the refrigerator wall comes together back in the corner as a very functional decorative unit that makes the elephant just blend away. But then the work counters--wide open, no uppers, ready to go to work, with lots of windows. Really, most of what I want in a kitchen is in those open counters, although I'll always have cookbooks on display somewhere too.

I'm with you about bringing in fabric. If there's a breeze on a nice day, the windows should be open and something fluttering prettily somewhere.

Schoolhouse, I'm guessing it might take you 5 minutes tops to adjust it to your personal level of clutter comfort. A bit more if that required painting the hardware white or changing out the fabric for beige ticking. Can't guess your feelings about vacuuming and occasionally scrubbing the logs. :)

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 5:07PM
shanzy

Applying changes in home including kitchen bring you to state of comfy and satisfaction. So, keep changes on...........

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 1:03PM
More Discussions
Moved in my smaller home today!!!!
Hello!! I just introduced myself this week; I'm the...
pinkpanther5
lavender_lass
So where are you? New house? Still looking?
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
ML - your new kitchen (or DR?) light fixture
I think I just saw one like it... somewhat anyway....
desertsteph
How do you all like halogen bulbs?
How is the lighting? ok on the eyeballs? for reading? Does...
desertsteph
window in shower
We moved into our small ranch home (1000 sqft) about...
schnauzerluvr
Sponsored Products
Handmade Elite Traditional Wool Rug (8' Octagon)
Overstock.com
Mistie Rug 8' x 10' - LIGHT BLUE
$2,999.00 | Horchow
Arlee Home Fashions Bristol Chenille Leaf Valance Pair - 29-41313BUR
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Neon Green Anya Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Bambino Pull Sled Reversible Pad - Mountain Boy Sledworks
$40.00 | HORNE
kaarskoker Houndstooth 4 in. x 7/8 in. Black-and-White Paper Candle Covers, Set
$11.20 | Home Depot
Sports Team Vertical Frame