Halloween Tray

pezabelleSeptember 21, 2009

I took a page from Luvs books and adapted this pattern to fit a tray rather than a canister top.

Wish I had added some stippling of lighter orange and yellow to all four corners. Guess I didn't plan ahead!

This pattern is from Patricia Rawlinson and is free hand, and for me that is really hard as all of you know I like everything so even, but I clinched my teeth and did it anyway!

Belle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Fantastic! Belle, your cobwebs and spiders are so perfect looking! And I love that shade of orange too. No way I would even attempt to do all that freehand--you did great! Luvs

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 11:00AM
paintingfool

Your linework is great. I have never painted much for fall but I do like looking at what yall are doing.

Bookmark   September 22, 2009 at 2:36PM
phonegirl

Belle,
So glad to have you back and posting with us. Your always so busy and helping others. So glad you found time to paint and post. Your tray turned out wonderful. I really like the shading with yellow on the center parts to make it stand out. You always have great projects to share with us.

Punk

Bookmark   September 24, 2009 at 12:15AM
pezabelle

Thanks you all for the kind words! This was a practice for Christmas Ornaments I want to paint and they are all line work and keeping the pattern even. Now I need to find something that has lots of comas and tear drops. I hate to sit and just use a practice sheet....waste of time! Would much rather paint something!

Belle

Bookmark   September 24, 2009 at 11:22AM
luvstocraft

Ooh, that sounds neat--can't wait to see your ornaments! ;o) Luvs

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 12:20AM
jstmrdn2002

This is beautiful! I love it!

Bookmark   October 2, 2009 at 11:10AM
pezabelle

jstmrdn.....thank you and welcome to our little corner of the world! Have you been here long (I'm kind of new here) or did you just drop in? Either way hope you come back often!

Belle

Bookmark   October 2, 2009 at 12:20PM
jstmrdn2002

Hi Belle,

I'm brand new here...just signed up last night! Oh...and my name is Dawn :) I've just started decorative painting...never had any lessons or anyone to show me anything...so I'm just winging it! I'm doing some Christmas ornaments and some bigger wooden pieces...hoping to sell them for some extra money. I've posted one of my Grinch ornaments in the gallery...my first attempt at decorative painting! Check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks!

Bookmark   October 2, 2009 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™