Santa Box

anjabeeSeptember 2, 2008

This was a plain box with the little tree cutout I bought at the TS for $1. I've painted it up to use as a "giftbox" for a Christmas gift for friends. I still need to put some screening or pretty Christmas print behind the tree cutout so whatever I put into it doesn't spill out. =) The snow flecking is not as overpowering in person as it is in the picture. The camera really picked up on it for some reason. So here are the pictures...same box, different angles. Oh, the design is by Chris Thornton.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Really cute Anj, I love the colors you used on your santa's hat. The beard and mustache look really great too--good job. I used to have a couple of this type of wooden boxes--had a glass contained candle in them. Mine weren't this cute though--just the cutout shape and plain colors on it sort of country style. Luvs

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 12:23AM
anjabee

Thanks Luvs and thanks for an idea. I may be able to find a square glass vase or some other clear container to put down in it to hold my gift whatever it may end up being. If it's candy that would work good and you could still see it thru the cutout. I've seen a bunch of these with different cutouts too in my craft magazines used as candle holders, but I wanted to repurpose it. Thanks again! ~Anj

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 9:25AM
phonegirl

Anj, You did a great job on these. Your speckling looks good. Santa's hat is so modern looking with the colors you chose, I like it too. I paint alot of things from Chris Thorton's books. Her books always have things I go back to.

Bookmark   September 10, 2008 at 11:57PM
anjabee

Thank you phonegirl. I've painted this design before on a jar and really like it a lot. I'm sure it won't be the last time I use it. ha The book this one is in was Blessings In A Jar 2. It has lots of patterns I've liked and used. ~Anj

Bookmark   September 11, 2008 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Bijoux Paperweight
$60.00 | Horchow
Bell Alarm Clock - IDEA International
$65.00 | HORNE
Campania International Saint Fiacre Cast Stone Garden Statue - R-103-AL
$59.99 | Hayneedle
'My Only Sunshine' Box Sign
$16.99 | zulily
Illuminating Experiences | Micro Box 7/1
$173.25 | YLighting
Hooked on People Bamboo Storage Box
$24.99 | Dot & Bo
Santa Barbara Aluminum Outdoor Wall Sconce by Maxim Lighting
$110.00 | Lumens
Marseille Pewter Twelve-Light Chandelier with Golden Teak/Smoky Royal Cut Crysta
Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™