My cute turkey sign

luvstocraftAugust 15, 2008

Got the other side of my sign finished yesterday but needed to get the pic taken of it. Finally remembered to do that today so I can post it. It's taken from a design by Karen Wisner in the October 2008 issue of Painting magazine.

I was going to put a screw eye hook in the top, but Anj mentioned a hole at the top and I think that would work better. I'll just put an orange ribbon through it and can use it for either side. Just click on the pic for a larger view.

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintgirl2008

You did a tremendous job on both those signs! And I especially like the turkey. My family loves Thanksgiving better than Christmas-usually no matter where they are , they come home on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing-You do Great Work!!

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 9:58AM
anjabee

Where did my post go???? I'm getting worse and worse with losing my posts. Must be getting in too big of a hurry and pushing the wrong button or something.

This little pattern was perfect for the back of your halloween sign. Love how you did the tail feathers and your little vine around the edge is perfect (mine always come out too thick...need to practice a lighter touch). Your lettering is great and I like how you used the dots to give the flowers and tail feathers some dimention. It's a keeper!

Paintgirl~ I personally like Thanksgiving better cause it's a little more laid back than the Christmas hustle and bustle plus you still get all the good food!

~Anj

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 10:41PM
sunnyca_gw

Mr. Turkey is very cute!! I started farther down on posts so didn't know you had gotten back side done. Love both sides & grandkids will too!Jan

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 2:02AM
luvstocraft

Thank you Sunnyca, glad you liked them. Cute little faces make me smile too. I'm in Ca. too, Rancho Cucamonga to be exact. Are you in So. or No. Ca.? Luvs

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 11:50AM
oceanna

I don't know what "both" there is as I'm only seeing one, but it's cute as can be. You did a great job. Now, where do you hang that?

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 9:32PM
luvstocraft

Oceanna, the back side of this sign is a Halloween design. It's on one of the posts here too. Thanks for your nice comment. I think it will be hung on my lamppost out in the front yard. Luvs

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 10:56PM
phonegirl

Your turkey turned out as cute as your halloween side. What a nice project.

Bookmark   September 6, 2008 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
Sponsored Products
Medallion Kashan Area Rug - Red Multicolor - 541007
$239.99 | Hayneedle
Black Text Personalized Hanger - Set of Three
$22.99 | zulily
Yellow Cat Flowers Bowl
$6.99 | zulily
DonnieAnn AFGIRAF African Adventure 2 Giraffes Area Rug - Camel Multicolor - AFG
$79.99 | Hayneedle
24'' U Vintage Marquee Light
$139.99 | zulily
Large Peace Bean Bag Chair Multicolor - 32-6600-301
$179.99 | Hayneedle
Canyon Ranch Turkish Cotton Solid Hand Towel
$12.50 | FRONTGATE
Home Dynamix 5113 Evolution Area Rug - Black - 5113-450-EVOLUTION 3
$79.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™