Santa Tray

phonegirlAugust 30, 2009

I decided since I would be stuck in the house today, I would paint a santa on my tray I've had for a long time. I really like the way it turned out and I have alot more santas I want to paint, so hope all of you don't get tired of santas this year.

I will be heading to the fair this coming week so won't be able to join the fun so thought I'd post one last project before I go. When I start painting, I never want to quit but have to go finish laundry and DH needs a hair cut tonight also.

Take Care and I'll check back when I can. Punk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

He turned out wonderful Punk. I just can't believe you painted that whole tray in just a part of a day! So many details on just the Santa, let alone all the candies and lettering around him. I never get tired of seeing santas so just paint them to your heart's content gal. ;o) Good luck at the fair, I know it will be a nice change in your normal routine and you'll make it a fun time. You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back. Luvs

Bookmark   August 30, 2009 at 10:54PM
anjabee

Wow, Punk. That Santa face is awesome! Love the beard and hat fur detail. That is just a gorgeous tray with the black background....just makes those candies pop. I love it. I love red too so this is just beautiful to me. Never get tired of Santas! =)~Anj

Bookmark   September 1, 2009 at 8:34AM
paintingfool

I know what you mean about having to quit painting to do something else. Once I get started I don't like to stop. Your Santa face is darling and I just love the candy!!

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 12:36AM
cyndimac

YEAAA...I finally found the photo gallery you all have been talking about...I love anything santa! This just beautiful! Your painting is immaculate! Love it!

Bookmark   September 11, 2009 at 3:25PM
phonegirl

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments on my tray. It was a fun project and I'll try to get back soon with some details. I've had two weeks of running and will have at least one more and then I'll try to get back to the painting also.

Cyndimac, so happy you made it over here and hope you will post more with us. Thanks so much for the encouraging words and glad you liked my tray.

Punk

Bookmark   September 12, 2009 at 10:57AM
sunnyca_gw

Very nice! The candies & candy canes look so real! Lovely tray to serve goodies on at Christmas! Jan

Bookmark   September 15, 2009 at 10:31AM
More Discussions
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™