Halloween sign

luvstocraftAugust 13, 2008

Here's a little sign I got painted up for Halloween. I'm going to do a Thanksgiving pic on the back of it--will take up less storage space that way!

This is derived from a wooden bowl pattern in the new October 2008 Painting magazine that just came in the mail. Design is by Kathy Jakopovich. Sure wish my painting was even half as good as her's--but at least I try. ;o)

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

What a cute project, Luvs. That little ghost made me smile too as I looked at her. Your pumpkin has a cute face also. Smart thinking to paint a Thanksgiving scene on the back. Be sure to post when you finish it. Always enjoy seeing your paintings.

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 11:50PM
anjabee

Got just a sec to pop in and yay! projects!! ha What a cute project. I got over to the library for a few minutes the other day and did get to look thru the painting magazines and I saw this. Glad you got a chance to paint it. Yours looks great, very colorful and fun with the yoyo spideybugs. ha If you paint a Thanksgiving design on the back how will you hang it? A hole with a ribbon knotted thru it so it can be turned? I'm curious cause it's a good idea. I've done both sides of fan blades like that, but there were already holes for hanging them. ~Anj

Bookmark   August 14, 2008 at 11:08PM
sunnyca_gw

I finally made it over to this forum. Really cute Halloween project & will be "double cute" with Thanksgiving project on back. Great idea-less space to store it!! Thanks for the idea!! I like cute faces too, don't want to scare the kiddies! Hope to see the back soon! Jan

Bookmark   September 3, 2008 at 1:53AM
More Discussions
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™