Sofa converts to bunkbeds.

dilly_dallyJune 13, 2010

If your studio efficiency, or small home guest room is so tiny that there is not even room for a pull-out sofabed......... there is room for a sofa that converts to bunkbed to sleep two people.

Before:

During............

Ta-da!

Kewl.

Other colors in more muted tones available also.

It's probably not the ideal solution for everyday use being too much of a hassle to set up, but great for the occasional overnight guest or grandchildren who stay for the summer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shades_of_idaho

WOW that is neat. Even hubby was impressed.A little scary for us old timers. LOL I can just see myself trying to make it up. EEEKK But it an amazing piece of workmanship.

Thanks Dilly_Dally

Chris

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 9:22PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Interesting--I wonder how it would hold up to a college student's use. Any idea of the price range?

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 4:37PM
dilly_dally

This wonderful invention is featured on many sites. Price may vary with shipping. I believe you can write to clei.co.uk from their site for quotes. Or just check the http://www.bonbon.co.uk/clei/index.htm sellers where they have tons of attractive small living furniture for sale. There are many sellers of this item.

Here is one of the bunkbeds in a more mature style:

They have other great ideas for small home living. This won the best innovation award during the NEC Birmingham Furniture show. When the Murphy bed is down there is still a "chair" for seating for reading or putting on shoes, whatever. There is a storage bin built in and the couch seat lifts up to access it.

In muted colors:

Here is a link that might be useful: Find Price

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 8:32AM
dilly_dally

The longer length of this couch deceives that it is in fact a pull-out sofa bed.

I love sneaky storage.

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 9:28AM
Shades_of_idaho

Dilly_Dally the second set of pictures do not link up correctly. I tried the link you posted. And that works fine.

These are great. I too love the extra storage areas hidden away yet easy to get to.

Thanks Chris

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 4:50PM
Shades_of_idaho

Was looking at the Adam bed. I do not know why a person could not take the good futon mattress we have and make it into the wall bed shown. I think a box could be built and attached to the wall and either buy the proper lift hinge. Certainly food for thought. I down loaded the detailed information on it to show to DH.

Thanks Again Chris

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 5:24PM
yayagal

dilly-dally, does it come with a built in elevator, lol, I can just see me with my bad knees lol lol. It's for the under 50 crowd.

Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 10:44PM
More Discussions
It's Thursday....right? Let's have tea :)
Another Thursday (had to check the calendar to make...
lavender_lass
Moved in my smaller home today!!!!
Hello!! I just introduced myself this week; I'm the...
pinkpanther5
lavender_lass
So where are you? New house? Still looking?
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Is anyone else having trouble getting on this new Houzz site???
If you're having trouble (which I did) use your email...
lavender_lass
Artistry of home construction
When MamaGoose explained the concept of the Construction...
Moccasin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™