Bread Box

phonegirlApril 19, 2008

This was an old bread box I had saved. Today since it snowed all afternoon, I painted. I plan to take it to the cabin.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

I used to have a bread box similar to yours--wasn't nearly as pretty as your's is now though. ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 1:26AM
citytransplant

What a sweet paint job, nice decoration for an old breadbox. Keep up the good work. But gee, I am dying to know...snowed all afternoon? Where the heck are you located to have snow?

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 1:02PM
anjabee

Gosh, I've never seen one of those painted before. It turned out great. I'd hate to wish more snow on anyone, but if it helps get more results like these then I might be tempted. ha ~Anj

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 3:42PM
paintingfool

THe bread box is very pretty and you did a great job. SNOW??? Bet it was pretty. I would love the snow if it didn't have to get so cold. I haven't seen snow in 14 years - that was the last time it snowed in Florida and it was only an inch but I was able to scrape enough off the cars to build a 12" snowman. At least it keeps you inside and painting.
B

Bookmark   April 20, 2008 at 10:33PM
phonegirl

I live in Montana, the Big Sky Country, where it snows later than I wanted it to this year. We got more today but it warmed up enough to melt most of it. More expected tomorrow. I had company most of the day so I didn't have much time to paint. I started a sign that says "Only God Can Make Flowers and Trees, I'm In Charge of Weeds and Seeds". I found some neon acrylic paint so I will use it for some flowers and leaves. Could be hideous, but I'll put it out in my gd playhouse if I don't want it in one of the garden areas. Gotta be different and try it. You are all so nice that I might not post it if I can't qiut laughing when it's done. I used these colors of paint in highschool, how about the rest of u?

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 1:00AM
oddie

Beautiful job! dont you just love takeing something old and makeing it beautiful agine!
TFS!
oddie

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 8:48AM
oceanna

Love the breadbox. It's bright, and pretty, and cheery!

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 3:07AM
diarich

That is beautiful!!!
Good thing to do when you're stuck inside.
Diana

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 3:11AM
More Discussions
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™