Summer sign

luvstocraftApril 21, 2009

Here's another little oval sign I just painted. I still need to speckle it, but thought I'd go ahead and get a pic of it for you. I sprayed a coat of sealer on it, I like to do that before I speckle it so that if I mess up, I can just wipe it off and not ruin it.

This is a Laurie Speltz design, would be great on a basket if I had one the right size! LOL

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phonegirl

Luvs,

Your sign turned out great. I really like the fuzzy bears and the ant is so cute. Your fruit turned out nice as well. I like the saying on it. Thanks for sharing and keep on paintin'

Punk

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 12:02AM
colorcrazy

I like this, Luvs. The colors all go great together. I missed the ant at first, there is so much to look at. Your lettering looks perfect. Hope you find a basket. This is too nice to put away.

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 9:11PM
anjabee

Aw, isn't that the cutest little scene! I love it! The fruit is shaded so nicely and how cute are those bears. ha Little ant is cute too. Yep, lettering looks great. I have a hard time with stars (they end up looking slanted) but yours look great. What a fun project and makes me want a picnic. ha ~Anj

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 11:02AM
phonegirl

Luvs, I don't have any of Laurie Speltz books but if you keep posting projects like this I may have to go shopping.LOL Didn't you get something of hers for Christmas? Is this from your Christmas gift you received?

Oh and by the way thanks for the two links you gave on the discussions. I enjoyed looking.

Punk

Punk

Bookmark   April 23, 2009 at 8:11PM
colorcrazy

Luvs, this is really cute. I don't think I've seen any of her books, but I agree with Punk, this makes them seem tempting. I love the bears - they look so fuzzy and puzzled. They whole thing is so colorful - my kind of painting!

CC

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 9:36PM
luvstocraft

Glad all of you enjoyed my little sign, I like doing this kind of thing, they make me smile. ;o) Glad you enjoyed the links Punk, I always keep an eye out for other painters. Luvs

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 12:38AM
phonegirl

Luvs,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the links. I never have enough time to browse on my own and find new painters. But I will look when given the link.

Punk

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 8:48AM
paintingfool

Luvs, you did a terrific job - as always. Wouldn't this look cute on a picnic basket? Love it.

Bookmark   April 30, 2009 at 12:08AM
kathi_mdgd

Luvs,as always that is great,Love the whole thing,but the bears and the ant are my favs.
I havn't picked up a paint brush in forever,or anything else for that matter.
Kathi

Bookmark   May 3, 2009 at 4:21PM
luvstocraft

Thanks Kathi. It's great to hear from you. If you are feeling better now maybe it's time to pick that paintbrush up again. You are a good painter, and I'd sure love to see more projects that you do. Luvs

Bookmark   May 4, 2009 at 1:29AM
pezabelle

Luvs.... How cute. I don't usually like bears but these are really great! They look so "frazzled" Your shading and highlighting is awesome!

Belle

Bookmark   May 4, 2009 at 12:40PM
luvstocraft

Hi Belle, Frazzled is a good word, I thought maybe they were worried about that ant coming to their picnic! LOL Hope it gave you a smile, I enjoy doing these "cutesy" things because they make me happy! ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   May 4, 2009 at 1:52PM
luthien

hahaha!!! this is a really cute sign luvs! the caption says it all... and coupled with the forlorn expressions on the faces... wicked! :))

Bookmark   May 10, 2009 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Tough-1 Brushes with Inlaid Crystals - 8 pk. Assorted - 68-233008-0-0
$44.99 | Hayneedle
Copper Primrose Garden Light
$219.00 | FRONTGATE
Quadra Suspension by De Majo
$839.40 | Lumens
Microfiber Wrinkle Free Sheet Set
Overstock.com
Classic Summer Field Table Lamp with Gold Rush Silk Shade
$141.95 | Bellacor