Easter Egg Re-do

pezabelleMarch 2, 2010

DH took a look at these at the TS and pointed out that if they were repainted they would make cute decorations........so here are the before and after pictures. They are really roughly made and I couldn't fix that part but the repaint did help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Belle, your DH is a good shopper, those are adorable. You did a nice job of making them look "fresh" again. How cute they are with those little bunnies inside! Know you will enjoy having them as part of your Easter decor. Luvs

Bookmark   March 2, 2010 at 8:40PM
anjabee

How fun! My cousin gave me a lighted ceramic teapot with a bunny scene inside years ago. It was totally hideous! ha The paint job was abominable from the factory which is why she gave it to me in hopes I could "fix" it. It has been one of my kids favorite Easter decorations since I repainted it. ha Hope you'll enjoy your redone eggs for as long. ha ~Anj

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 4:19PM
citytransplant

A DH that found the cute little eggs for you and he encourages you to paint, how wonderful! Isn't it fun to redo something that others found no value in and make it fresh and "happy" once again? Good job!

Bookmark   March 7, 2010 at 9:48AM
pezabelle

Have to tell you a story. Our 18 yr old GS was here this last weekend. He took a look at the eggs and told me "you didn't make these Grandma." I asked him how he knew I didn't make them and he said because they were to rough and I would have smoothed out all the bumps, he then add that the painting as OK. Guess he has me figured out.

Belle

Bookmark   March 8, 2010 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™