Snow scene on wooden tray

nanceleeMarch 22, 2009

I decided to try posting a new message as when I finally got it right, my message was rejected. Guess I tried too many times. Here goes.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oddie

Looks like you got it this time, and what a beautiful tray! maybe someday if I try everyday, for the rest of my life!
TFS
oddie

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 8:48AM
anjabee

Oooh Nancylee! So pretty! Love the soft colors and the stained glass windows just pop. Lovely. Thanks for posting it!! =) ~Anj

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 10:09AM
luvstocraft

I love that scene Nancelee, you really did a nice painting job on it. Love the colors you used on the trees behind the little church, and your pine trees looks great. Glad you were able to figure out the picture posting stuff. Luvs

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 12:46PM
nancelee

Oddie, I know you could do this scene. It's really pretty easy. I used it for a class project and all the students did fine. This is one where I like to spray or brush on the background, let it dry, and then paint in the rest. It seems to go fast and take less effort for a nice end result.

Luvs, thank you. You know, as you can see it was very late last night when I finally "got it" on the pic posting. I had done that before but somehow this time it was a challenge

Anj, Why do I sometimes get the browse button to post a pic, which I think is much easier and quicker, and other times I don't? BTW you have an eye for detail, noticing the stained glass windows. Thank you.

Nance

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 1:10PM
colorcrazy

Nance, this is so pretty and so different. I love the white/bright trees in the background and the evergreens in front. Wish I could take your class!

Bookmark   March 24, 2009 at 6:24PM
nancelee

colorcrazy, Wouldn't it be fun if we could all spend a day painting together! Everyone here inspires me to get busy and paint. I have been lazy this winter but the spring flowers coming up are tempting me to get out the brushes.

Nance

Bookmark   March 24, 2009 at 7:15PM
paintgirl2008

The snow scene is beautiful!Being from the South we don't have much snow, and when we do I never stick my nose out, but I love painted snow scenes, makes me think of home and family,
and being warm and safe,You did a great job!

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 1:42PM
More Discussions
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Sponsored Products
Soho Tray - GREEN
$29.00 | Horchow
Mini Royale Mousse Cake - N/A
$38.00 | Horchow
Worlds Away - Conrad Greek Key Oxblood Tray Table with Gold Leafed...
Great Furniture Deal
Wall Mounted Chrome Wire Soap Holder
TheBathOutlet
Breville Smart Grill
$299.95 | FRONTGATE
Ware Clean Living 4 Level Small Animal Cage - 16018
$211.70 | Hayneedle
Waring Pro WPM30 Professional Popcorn Maker - WPM30
$169.00 | Hayneedle
Biarritz Tray Round with Loop Handle
$99.50 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for: