Stencilled Wisteria in Kitchen

colorcrazyFebruary 13, 2009

This was the original kitchen wall when the house was built in 1938. In the 50s, the previous owners bumped out the kitchen. We took away the cabinet on this wall, as it seemed to close the kitchen off. (The stove on the right of the pix is in the new area.) What to do with a bare wall? Paint it, of course! This was done about 12 years ago; long before I took up decorative painting. If I did it again, the wisteria trunk would be more curvy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

What a great idea to fill a blank wall. You did a great job on it, I especially love the kitties. Luvs

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 11:56PM
pezabelle

What a great way to make your home "your home!" And you included more than just the stenciling...a hummer, and several bird and the cats...but the bark on the vines isn't just the stencil either - you added the dimension.

Belle

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 12:04PM
paintingfool

The cats are the cutest. I have been painting for years and have never painted anything on my wall - but this may be the year I do just that.
B

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 6:25PM
colorcrazy

Thanks, all, for the compliments.

Belle, everything that you see is a stencil except the trunk and branches of the wisteria - that was freehand. I made one of the bird stencils from a picture in DH's birdwatching book. Remember, this was before I learned decorative painting. The cats are a special stencil that has so many parts, it works differently from the usual stencil.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 7:00PM
anjabee

CC~ that is very pretty and I imagine it's a great conversation piece. I love all the animals. =) ~Anj

Bookmark   February 15, 2009 at 7:44PM
phonegirl

CC that's a pretty cool wall you created. Looks like it took alot of time and work to complete. Now that you tole paint it would be interesting to see what you would change. It must of taken alot to put it all together. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bookmark   February 15, 2009 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™