Patriotic Welcome

pezabelleFebruary 20, 2009

Hi Again, I painted this during the time I spent last week with my SG. He did his homework and I painted.

The pattern is one by Mary Jo Tuttle and I found that it is really hard to find patriotic ribbon during Feduary. After looking at it hanging think I will go back and shade the area between the wooden star and the banner....big area of nothing!

Belle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Belle, I love it! You hadn't mentioned that you got in some painting time while with your GS. That's great. You sure did a good painting job on this one, all your lining and shading look perfect. I like how you have it hanging too. I like Mary Jo Tuttle's designs too, but don't have any of her books--strange huh? Guess I just never ran across them while shopping for books. Luvs

Bookmark   February 20, 2009 at 9:46PM
paintgirl2008

I love the sign.Perfect job!! I like Mary Jo Tuttle too, but have never painted any of her design, and don't think I have any of her books. I like Americana!! You did a wonderful job painting this. Keep painting!!

Bookmark   February 21, 2009 at 9:33AM
anjabee

Another Americana fan here too! What a great sign and all your shading is just perfect. I like how you have it hung too. ~Anj

Bookmark   February 21, 2009 at 12:38PM
phonegirl

Belle,

That big area of nothing is so cool when you sit back and really stare, it almost looks like tromp l' oeil painting. Take another look and let me know what you think. Another great project. Punk

Bookmark   February 22, 2009 at 2:31AM
pezabelle

Thank you all for the kinds words and the input! I guess we all are to critical of our own work.

The auction plaque actually sold for $39.00! Would you believe! Dh said that two women just kept out bidding each other.

Belle

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 11:05AM
luvstocraft

Wow! That was a fantastic price, Belle, you must be so proud. Great job! Luvs

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 4:38PM
colorcrazy

Belle, this is really lovely. I agree with Punk, the banner on the bottom actually looks curved. You did a great job. I hope you are hanging this inside and not outside, smile!

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 11:47AM
paintingfool

Your painting is really great. Your shading is perfect! And the whole painting is done very neatly. I love it.
B

Bookmark   March 4, 2009 at 10:27AM
More Discussions
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Easter Basket Yard Art
Here is one of the yard art projects I've been working...
anjabee
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
New Free Pattern
Renee Mullins has a new free pattern to download at...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™