Birdie on a box

luvstocraftFebruary 22, 2010

Bought this little hinged box for 99 cents and thought it would be a good painting surface. It has a nice printed paper lining inside. I just did this cute little bird design on it and then some speckling. Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Luvs...that is just plain AWESOME! And using different colors in the splatter ties it all together. And you sneaked that little bluebird in so well he is almost hidden.

Always enjoy your projects!

Belle

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 2:36PM
luvstocraft

Thanks Belle, I'm glad you liked it. The box was a bit scuffed in places so I thought the speckles would hide that a bit and make it look better--hopefully it doesn't distract from the design too much. Luvs

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 1:37AM
citytransplant(zone5)

Awwww! That is so sweet! I agree with Belle, that the spatters really inhance the box. The adorable birdie looks so content perched on his branch.

Joan

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 10:08AM
phonegirl

Luvs,

This little birdie box is so darn cute. Great job on the painting! What a neat box and then your painting really finished it completely. You seem to be coming up with so many cute projects and I love it.

Punk

Bookmark   February 24, 2010 at 10:04AM
luvstocraft

Thanks Punk, I'm glad you got to see it. I love little designs like this, but just haven't painted many of them yet. When I first started painting, the "country" style with lots of cutouts was popular, and that's pretty much all I did--so I didn't really learn allot about "mixes" and "layering" and the brush skills needed for more realistic painting. I found some old Tole World magazines on one of my TS trips, and find I am sort of lost reading the directions for some of the projects! I really should have taken more classes! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   February 24, 2010 at 10:41AM
anjabee

Nice find on the box!! It's very cute. Love the bird and the color is awesome. Makes me want spring to get here quicker!! ha I like the speckling too. It looks great. What is getting stored in this little beauty?

Bookmark   February 25, 2010 at 8:38AM
More Discussions
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucillle
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™