Hidden Office space

renov8rMay 17, 2013

I am planning our kitchen renovation. We will be removing our desk area in the new plan but would like to have a small space, preferably hidden for our paper work. There are no kids at home anymore but my dh still needs someplace to keep a few files, area for bills, our printer, phone and any mail that needs to be saved We have a laptop and so can easily use the kitchen table for that and for any writing etc. I would like the area hidden if possible. I will be having a pantry cupboard which could be partly used for these things. Do any of you have ideas/photos to share?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annkh_nd

I'm doing essentially the same thing, minus the printer (though it would work in my space).

I'm having my electrician put two outlets in a pantry cabinet that is 20" deep. I'll use it for a charging station, plus cubbies for receipts, unpaid bills, scratch paper, etc. In our house, a portion of the space will be dedicated to dog supplies (heartworm pills, treats, nail clipper).

I'll put a bulletin board on a side wall, and a calendar inside the door. The cabinetry will include 2 file drawers, and shallow drawers for pens, stamps, scissors, etc.

Like you, I sit at the table to do paperwork, so I don't need a sit-down desk area.

I can't wait to get my messy desk behind closed doors!

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 1:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
renov8r

That sounds interesting. I would love to see a photo when you have it completed. Are you planning to have these shelves pull out? I also am intending the pantry to house our food as well, so only a small portion is going to the office.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 3:50PM
More Discussions
1880s house kitchen: need to work in the current space
Note this is cross-posted at suggestion of a reader Plans...
islandgarden
Need blackish paint suggestions
We have assembled most of our Barker cabs. The wall...
aktillery9
Looking for stainless steel sink recommendations
Hey GW - I am looking for a single bowl SS sink for...
swatyreno
Horizontal uppers
Has anyone designed or installed horizontal uppers...
tigger9759
What are your thoughts on Ikea Sektion base cabinets?
I've commented here over and over that since this little...
benjesbride
Sponsored Products
Flash Furniture 29 in. Bar Stool with Full Designer Back - TA-62029-CA-GG
$119.99 | Hayneedle
Stainless Steel Strainers with Handle (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
House of Troy 14" Wide Slim Line Brass Picture Light
Lamps Plus
Brunswick Bath One Light Sconce
$36.00 | Bellacor
Cincinnati Reds Dirt Pen
$19.99 | zulily
Pet Feeder Station
Grandin Road
Location Love Pillow Cover in Red
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Area Rug: Michael Brown 6' x 9'