Christmas--late or early????

luvstocraftJanuary 18, 2008

Got these four Santas painted finally. One of the projects I had hoped to do for neighbor gifts for Christmas 2007--so now I guess they are ready for Christmas 2008! LOL

Sorry the pics are not clearer, getting glare from the sealer and the flash I guess.

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sandi_W

Luvs, Well, no one has to know they should have been ready for Christmas 07 and then everyone will think how "on the ball" you are for Christmas 08! ;~) Your Santas are really cute. You always do such a great job.

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 6:54AM
lynnencfan

Luvs - those are just so cute - what a sweet gift. Love the different take on Santa's hat also......

Lynne

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 10:06AM
bettyd_z7_va

Luvs,
Soooo darling. I too, love the different colored Santa hat. Red is my least favorite color so I've always looked for Santa in a different colored suit. Such talent. Santa makes you smile.
Betty

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 10:17AM
jaybird

toooooo cute Ms. Luvs!!!!

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 10:31AM
kathleen_li

Who wouldn't want a gift like that! They are adorable!!!

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 11:51AM
anjabee

Oh my gosh, those are just the cutest!! And you did them so quickly! So who's patterns did you use? I just love them. The hat is different and very neat and I love how you did the fluffy trim and pompom. It's awesome. And just think you'll be ahead of the game this Christmas!! ha I'm so glad I'm such a slave driver! teehee! ~Anj

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 12:28PM
luvstocraft

Glad you all liked them. It was a very easy pattern to cut out and paint. It is a Sandi Strecker pattern from an old Woodcrafts mag I've kept for many years. The original pattern was a sled, but you all know I just use the parts I want. LOL

Anj, I would never have gotten them painted if not for you "cracking that whip". ;o) That and the fact that I was afraid I was going to be kicked off here if I didn't do some painting pretty soon! LOL Now I need to find and start on another project and try to keep the momentum going.

Hope you finally get your chance for a painting day soon too. Know you have lots of things that have to be done first just to keep your busy household running smoothly. ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 7:29PM
paintingfool

Luvs, they are adorable. I love the patchwork hats and the eyes have a lot of sparkle. Sometimes I don't get things finished at Christmas. Once I forgot to mail out my Christmas cards - they were addressed and stamped, all ready to go and I found them in July or August of the next year. What could I do? I just put them in the mail and figured they would think I was getting a head start on my greeting cards - or not.

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 10:09PM
luvstocraft

LOL, PF I think I would have just waited to mail them the next Christmas and really been ahead of the game! Thanks for trying to make me feel better about procrastinating too much. I just figure it is better late than never! Right?

Luvs

Bookmark   January 18, 2008 at 10:51PM
prosperity66

Luvs, you're an artist!

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 5:06AM
luvstocraft

Thanks, Prosperity, but I think "crafter" is more appropriate. I just do it for fun, and enjoyment. Just have a "need" to create things, but not expert enough to do it as a career! LOL Glad you enjoyed them. Luvs

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 11:47AM
delphinium33

Luvs,
Those santas are darling. I'm in awe of those of you with such talent. I can't even draw a straight line. Your neighbors are so lucky!

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 2:41PM
oddie

Oh Luvs your santas are soooo cute! love the hat!
and the way his eyes sparkle! like a santa should.
what lucky neighbors!
atleast you have a start for next year.
always love seeing you projects!
oddie

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 4:57PM
judithva

I love the Santas, you have such talent! They are just adorable! Your friends are in for a treat for Christmas, good thing they don't read this forum, otherwise they would not want to wait!

Bookmark   January 21, 2008 at 9:09AM
luvstocraft

Thanks, Judith. Good to see you stopping by here. I love painting things for Christmas. Luvs

Bookmark   January 21, 2008 at 10:49AM
gail1055

Really cute, Luvs. I love the hat and all the colors. Guess your ahead of the game. I'm still hoping to get some more christmas things painted too. Gail

Bookmark   January 21, 2008 at 7:22PM
More Discussions
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™